Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July Wrap-Up

My PHD (Projects Half Done) report for July is actually pretty good for a change! I started AND finished my version of Summer Blues which I'm calling Summer Reds.

Summer Reds post is HERE

A project on my PHD list was Riptide. I rented a longarm sewing machine at my local quilt shop mid-July and got the binding sewn down about a week later. It's a beauty if I must say so myself! Ha!

Riptide post is HERE

Hello, Autumn was a kit I'd started last year. The top was completed but I never finished it up. I'll be happy to hang this one up in a couple of months. It was fun with a little bit of wool applique, embroidery, and piecing.
Hello, Autumn post is HERE

Thanks, Gail, for keeping us on task to finish what we've started!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go! A great month in the sewing dept! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on these sweet finishes, Susie! That's always a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finishes this month. All of them turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, all three of these are lovely projects and I know that feeling when you get them completely finished. It is great. Love words on hangings...it will be a treat to welcome autumn for sure esp. getting this awful summer weather behind us.Though not wishing time away as such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful finishes. My favorite of the three is Riptide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your finishes!!! And you should be proud of rip-tide! Thanks for linking to PHD in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such sweet quilts, Susie. I just finished my Summer Blues quilt , but I am so smitten over yours. I wish I had made mine in reds. Riptide is gorgeous! Aaah and Hello Autumn is adorable- that sweet basket of overturned apples - how cute!!! Fall will be here soon. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete