Thursday, August 10, 2023

I Like Thursday #124

For a little over a week, I've been Missing In Action. You see, the beginning of last week saw a turn for the worse for a good friend of the family. My best friend's husband passed last Wednesday and we were in the car headed for Knoxville TN. Yes, there was sadness but there was also hope, good wishes, and SO MUCH FOOD was brought by. I have to say human kindness in times of trouble has got to be my first LIKE for the week. I'm sure you would agree. I hope you made it through this paragraph and are still reading because I do have other LIKES to share since I was missing last week.

First off, thanks go to LeeAnna for continuing to round us up weekly even though she is not doing well. I would ask you to hope & pray that she will be given some relief from her pain. There are others that also share their Likes for the week and you catch their posts HERE.

Let's start with some pretty nature shots. They're always relaxing & refreshing.

Crane on the Back Pond

Female Hummingbird Enjoying a Bite
We stopped for lunch at the Kentucky Welcome Center. We thought the picnic area was lovely.


Beautiful, Comfortable Picnic Tables

Back home, my Dinner-Plate Hibiscus was blooming!


As for my reading, I've continued with "How to Stop Time" by Matt Haig. It definitely has an interesting premise and I'm enjoying the twists and turns. You can read about it here and I'd recommend checking it out!

The other day on our walk, Gracie picked up this guy. We hated closing the door on him but he really needed to go home.



And speaking of going home, it's always good to go home again but man! is there a lot of work to catch up on. The dryer has beckoned so I'll close with a wish for you to have a week full of likable things!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I agree there are many kind people who rally around when one is in need. My heart goes out to your dear friend and her family. Gracie looks like she was having a good time with her fellow. Both are cuties .Glad to hear you made it home. Have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend's passing, Susie. Those are sad times. You're right, though, human kindness always shows up at those times. Glad you had a good and safe trip. Love the crane photo, and that dog, too. He has very interesting coloring!

    ReplyDelete