Saturday, August 19, 2023

RSC Yellow -- It's a Start!

I managed to get a yellow pineapple finished this week. There are more parts in the works though.


The EPP club project has progressed. I've got my "plus" signs finished. Just need to fill in the holes.

Yellow -- Front & Center!

I'm also sewing along with Lisa Bonjean from Primitive Gatherings. Are you? She is hosting a Twilight Stars QAL. We make two blocks/week. A while back I won a FQ tower from Island Batiks (YAY!) and that's what I'm using. The fabrics are from the line Baroque. This past week's blocks looked like these:


I was a skeptic when it came to Triangle Papers but these have me sold. I followed Lisa's directions to a tee and (so far) have been successful. If you'd like to see what Twilight Stars SAL is all about, you can find information HERE. I'm making 8" blocks.

That's what's going on around here sewing-wise. The upcoming weather forecast for all of next week stinks -- hot, hot, HOT! I'll catch you later if I haven't melted! Hope you have a good week ahead of you.

I'm joining Angela and others HERE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on moving your projects along! Your pineapple looks great and it will be a fun RSC quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite intrigued by your EPP project. I haven't tried that layout, but might need to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pineapple is pretty in yellow, Susie! Love your EPP plus blocks, too. I'd like to branch out into other EPP shapes besides hexies one of these days. Hot here, too - hope we can all stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty yellow pineapple …I recognize the yellow fabric on the right …I have some of that in my stash. Nice stars too! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O love your pineapple blocks and finally we have yellow!!! LOL

    Interesting about triangle papers...I must google them...I'm sure they help with accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pineapple looks good enough to eat! The plus's are so cute and what neat blocks those are in your sew along. Hope you don't melt.... ice cream might help to keep you cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice yellow pineapple and those stars look interesting. Lucky win! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool on EPP leave the holes I say
    glad to be able to visit some of you lovelies today
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little bits of YELLOW is a good place to start for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete