Thursday, October 24, 2024

I Like Thurs #160

Welcome to my corner of the world where I can usually find things that please me. I hope you like what I'm sharing with you today. Our weather has been wonderful lately -- cool/warm sunny days with cool/chilly nights. Great for walking the dog and great for taking care of garden clean-ups and firepit burns. We enjoyed the beautiful Harvest Moon this past week too.

The other day I spied Hootie! He was being chased by a couple of crows(?) which is what caught my eye. He even gave me time to set up my phone and let Gracie off the leash.

And aren't the leaves beautiful around him?
Speaking of walking, I happened to check my walking mileage on my phone app. 

Whoa! That's a lot of miles!

So that got me wondering how far exactly had I walked. Turns out I've walked quite a bit further than from New York City to San Francisco. So I played around and I'm over by 10 miles going from my house to New York City and then all the way to San Francisco from there. Guess I'm on my way back home from California! Lol!


Oh the things that entertain us, huh? Lol!

I finished up "All the Colors of the Dark" and now I've started "The Measure" by Nikki Erlick. It's the story of everyone in the world 22 and older getting a mysterious box dropped off where they live. Inside is a string which represents how long of a life they will live. Some get long strings (good) and some have short strings (panic!). Some of the people want to know their string length so open the box. Others do not. It tracks several different people and their reactions and their friends' reactions to this occurence. I'm only about 60 pages in but it's quite an interesting concept.

GoodReads Description HERE

I've been enjoying Survivor (so glad they gave Rome the boot last night! Haha!) and the World Series on TV. The family has been enjoying Tracker, Matlock, NCIS, Elsbeth, and also the game show Switch. Any new shows or series that have attracted your family?

Our prompt this week was do we enjoy going in haunted houses or watching scary movies? I've not visited any haunted houses but I don't think I'd enjoy it. They don't seem very real to me. Scary movies? Not so much on that either. Guess I'm more of a realist and they're mostly just weird to me. My mother would say I like scary books but only because I read Steven King. My favorites of his were "Pet Sematary" and "Misery" and "Christine". Guess those describe "scary" to me.

We'll be carving our pumpkins early next week and filling our pumpkin bowl with candy for the trick-or-treaters. I did make some delicious pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting this week.

I hope you found something to entertain you here. You can find more likeable blogs through our hostess LeeAnna. Check out her blog HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I love owls... what a presence. When one showed up in my yard in MD all the other birds shut up! silence. Pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing, I think I need one now. I cannot read King novels but read his book on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great picture of the owl! And congratulations on all that walking, too. It's such good exercise! We like all those shows and have been watching them the last week or two since they started up. Have a great rest of the week, Susie!

    ReplyDelete