Thursday, October 10, 2024

I Like Thursday #158

Happy Thursday once again and I've got a few "Likes" to share with you this week. I finished "The Little Liar" by Mitch Albom. What a fantastic book and I definitely recommend it if you can stomach the basis of the book. It held my interest all the way to the end.


Last Thursday, Mom & I headed to the library to return books finished while on vacation and to pick up new ones. I had placed a hold on "All the Colors of the Dark" by Chris Whitaker. It was recommended by my friend Vickie. I can say that it started off running! I'm only about 100 pages in with 500 to go but it's good so far.
GoodReads synopsis HERE

While we had visitors and then were on vacation, Survivor kicked off a new season. I'm finally caught up and I'm so happy that I had something to watch on TV. This week starts all the other shows, I believe.

This has been a busy, quilty week for me. On Monday was Quilt Club at my LQS and for once I won an attendance prize. Since I was the first name drawn I got first picks of 4 sweet sewing kits. I chose the pretty green & yellow lemon patterned one with the green gingham interior.

The scissors & pins were included!

Tuesday evening was my guild meeting. We had a LQS visit to give us a Christmas preview. It was so much fun and loaded with ideas and things to purchase. I was particularly happy to see that they had the Stripology Quickies book by Gundrun Erla (aka GEDesigns). I already had the book but they showed a couple of quilts that they had made up (and probably kitted) from the book.

Today is Rosemary's Tips & Techniques which is always a good group meeting. I'll report on that next week if anything interesting comes up from that.

Yesterday we picked out tub, shower, fixtures, and more for a master bathroom renovation. That was fun! I'm not really looking forward to the process but I am looking forward to the result.

LeeAnna asked us if we'd ever been on a hayride and did we like it. I have to say I've not been on a hayride and I don't think I'd like it. I understand that hay is very pokey and I wouldn't like that. Lol!

I hope you have a good week. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way!

Linking up with other I Like Thurs bloggers HERE. Go ahead and check out their blogs too!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendations - I'll put them on my list! That's a very cute little sewing kit, too. Congratulations on winning that award! A bathroom remodel is exciting, too. Hope you will share photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely share remodel pictures. Hopefully I'll be happy with my selections. I can choose fabrics easier than I can choose bathroom fixtures! Lol! I'll warn you about "All the Colors of the Dark" -- it's a long book! Have a great Friday!

      Delete
  2. Interesting looking books. And what a cute little organizer you won. I am dreading our bathroom renovation - congrats on getting stuff picked out! I'm overwhelmed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely overwhelming picking out all the stuff and then crossing your fingers it all goes together well. It's so much easier picking out fabrics! Lol!

      Delete