Saturday, October 12, 2024

Light Browns

Lori from Humble Quilts started a SAL a couple of weeks ago called Homestead which she is basing on an antique quilt. Of course I was late for the party because of all my recent company followed by a trip to NC for my niece's wedding. Luckily, she shared what fabrics/colors we might want to use before we left so I had a fabric pull ready to go when I got home.

Check out those RSC lights & browns!

When I got home, I checked out the first clue in the SAL and changed my mind on a few of my original fabrics. First up was pairs of 9-patches with a red center.


I quickly moved on to the second & third clues. I got the top assembled last night. It could use another good press.


I love it!!! I'm patiently awaiting the finishing and quilting suggestions she promised to share soon. I would have never put that green with the pink with the light brown, wavy print but I think it works.

Here's another picture of the top with the diamonds going the other way. What do you think?


I think it looks different turned even though it's the exact same top. Funny about perceptions, huh?

If you would like to read more about this SAL or join in, here's the link to get you started.

I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be working on something else until I get the last clue to Homestead!

Linking with Angela at SoScrappy.

5 comments:

  1. Makes such a difference turning the quilt round doesn't it! Prefer the lines upright tho. It's like putting blocks on point instead straight - changes the whole look. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also prefer the lines upright. I'm just waiting for the 4th & final step. Meantime, I've started quilting a lap-sized quilt. Here's wishing you a fun weekend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty design! Love your tiny 9 patches. I joined in on one of her QALs a few years ago, and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little project! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete