Thursday, October 3, 2024

Catch Up

I can't hardly believe that September is almost over. This September 28th marks my son's 43rd birthday and also marks my niece's wedding. That is where we will be celebrating both events. One quietly and the other with shared family joy. Pictures will follow soon.

Today I'd love to share with you, dear readers, a finished UFO from a very long time ago. As I mentioned last week, my friend gave me a kit for 6 placemats using a panel. The store that kitted it up gave further instructions to make them a little larger. After I finished all of the tops, I got stumped on the finishing directions and there they sat for years & years.

I decided to sit down and get this project done. I want to use the placemats THIS YEAR! Turns out, they were not that difficult to complete and then all that was left was some quick quilting. However, my son's family arrived for his MIL's Celebration of Life as she passed suddenly. That left little time to get the house back to non-kidproof and the sewing machine out in the open again. But I managed!

Candy Canes

Ornaments

Partridge

Present

Poinsettia

And there you have it! All six placemats with silverware pockets!

I'll catch up with everyone once things settle down a bit again. Wonder what October will bring!!??!! Any guesses on Angela's RSC color?


Update: I never got/took the chance to complete this post while away. Here's the incomplete edition with new posts to catch up later this week, I hope.

4 comments:

  1. months do fly quickly - good job on the placemats....finally!!
    and on the wedding post - lovely pictures...glad that Helene didn't interrupt the event - but what a disaster for those in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I'm breathing a sigh of relief getting those placemats done. We had a great time at the wedding in spite of the VERY HUMID weather Helene brought to the outdoor wedding. We felt very blessed that the wind & rain stopped for the celebration.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to have those placemats finished - the look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin. Breathing a sigh of relief getting them done.

      Delete