Saturday, June 22, 2019

I Made It to FNSI!!

It's been a while since I've made it to FNSI and I'm so glad I did. Wendy at Sugarlane Designs hosts a great party once a month and then we all share what we worked on. It's a great way to slow down a little and get a few things sewn. Go to her link above and see how creativity flows through the veins of quite a lot of us all over the world.
What did I work on? Well, at Quilts From the Heart 2019 (my guild's quilt show a couple weekends ago) we have a Quilters' Boutique. Toward the end of the last day everything got marked down. I happened to be sitting with our Raffle Quilt when I heard things were marked down so I went over to browse and bought all four of these circus stitcheries for $2.50.


This is the one I prepared and started yesterday. I'm using a royal blue thread on this one. Maybe I'll use blue on all of them or maybe they will be four different colors. I just haven't planned that far. I think it'll end up being a donation to Project Linus.
My daughter arrived from Washington, DC on Wednesday for a business/vacation trip. Yesterday we took her to Eureka, MO to the Endangered Wolf Center. The weather held up pretty good for us and we only missed the last 10 minutes or so due to lightning in the area. Man, did it pour rain buckets on our way home though!

Here's the only two pictures I took while visiting the center.

Isn't he cute? There were also Mexican wolves, gray wolves, and more. The reason we went is to see the Painted Dogs. Sarah loves them and I saw that there were some at the EWC in Missouri on TV one morning. Then Sarah saw online how the EWC had an explosion of pups this year and some were shipped off to the Cincinnati Zoo. We (as in Mom, Sarah, Fred, & me) had visited the Cincy Zoo a few years back specifically to see the Painted Dogs! I think we've gone full circle with these Painted Dogs now! Lol!

When we got home we watched "Chernobyl" on HBO. I remember when it happened but I don't remember much of the details. While this is based on truth, it is a loose documentary and it's interesting. So far we have watched 2 of the 5 episodes. We'll probably watch more today as last I heard it was going into the 90s today. Welcome, Summer! Ugh!

10 comments:

  1. I think we're neighbors! I live in North Central Arkansas about an hour over the Missouri border. The wolf park sounds so interesting. Chernobyl does too except I don't have HBO. I definitely remember when it happened.
    Your embroidery squares are so cute and vintage...love them! I can't wait to see when you're done with them. We are in the 90's today...'feels like 100' they say which always makes you feel better....NOT! LOL! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather folks have been having a hard predicting the weather here the past 2 days. Supposed to be in the 90s but one day we didn't break 80 and yesterday we hit 82. No complaints here but I think Summer will catch up with us later this week. A/C and sewing will be friends this week! Lol!

      Delete
  2. A case of being in the right place at the right time. Nice pick up. Cute foxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did love seeing the foxes & wolves.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations for the FNSI, it's nice to have time to sew ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those drawings are fantastic... can't wait to see what you do with them after the embroidery...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too. Might be a good project for an upcoming road trip! Do you think I should use a different color on each block or keep them the same blue?

      Delete
  5. Those stitchery patterns were a bargain - they will make a great quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly were. Can't hardly beat $2.50 for hours of fun! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you're back to FNSI too Susie! and I love your circus stitcheries...don't see many circus themed stitcheries much anymore....they're cute ones....and a bargain to boot! Im thinking different colours for each block with pops of bright colour for spots and accents. It will be perfect no matter what you choose. Those wolves look amazing....great job by the foundation..pity the weather stopped you though.
    xox big sugary hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete