Monday, June 10, 2019

Quilts From the Heart 2019

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief ... my guild's quilt show is OVER!!! Hearts 'n' Hands Quilt Guild has over 150 members and every other year we put on a spectacular show. There were over 250 quilts hanging, several Quilts of Valor presentations, demos going on the entire show, a Quilter's Boutique with so many items for sale for quilters and non-quilters alike, an antique quilts bed-turning that was phenomenal, and I could go on and on. Something many may not realize is how much work goes into making a show as wonderful as can be. "Many hands make light work" is so true and it would be so much more work if there weren't so many people ready to pitch in but it is still an amazing amount of work! If you came to our show, I sincerely hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't make it but live in the area, I suggest you put it on your calendar in 2021! It is not only a quilt show but it is also an art show!

As for Movin' It On Monday ... I got my quilt finished last week just in time for the show! Nothing like a deadline to get me moving! Here were my entries.
My Big Gold Star

Mosaics

Marvelous Mini Monday (on far left)

Halloween Pillow (far left)
When I went on Sunday to take pictures of the ribbon winners, you could have knocked me over when I saw this.
1st Place Viewers' Choice!
Another thing that I really didn't have a lot to do with moving it forward but of which I am truly proud is something I'm not allowed to share just yet but I will soon!


Linking up with Em's Scrap Bag for Movin' It Forward Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the quilt show with Moving it Forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congradulations!!! The judge took note of your quilt after judging and wanted to know why you didn't have it judged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win! It is an amazing quilt: love all your handwork for applique, EPP, and more. Together they make a beautiful combination. I can see why it was chosen.

    ReplyDelete