Thursday, June 27, 2019

June is Coming to an End

I realized yesterday that June was coming to an end and I had a problem. I only had one Tiny Tuesday blue block done. What happened to the other three weeks? Ok, this one is the one that was finished, the Unnamed Block.
Yesterday I worked on Grandmother's Fan block and got it done.
Next up is a little basket block. My progress this morning was picking out the fabrics that I'll use and getting it cut out. So far the handle is glued down and I'll get to sewing it up later.
The last block is a Monkey Wrench block. I've picked out and cut some squares for the background. Progress is progress, no matter how small.
I'm wondering what color July will be for the RSC 2019 project. Better get these dark blue blocks finished and out of the way first!

In the meantime, I've also been working on a Sweet Liberty Tuffet. Miss Rosie's Quilt Company offered up a free pattern for six (or was that seven?) patriotic pin cushions quite a while ago. Not sure if they're still available or not. I'm making this flag one and I'll let you in on the final destination once it has been given.
I wet it down after in-the-ditch quilting was completed and the red fabric ran. It's soaking in hot water and Dawn right now and it already looks to be gone. Of course I'm not completely satisfied because on two of the star points, the blue is showing through. Blech! Too bad -- it's going to be what it's going to be. I think the recipient will be pleased anyway. Completion photo to follow when completed! Duh!

Our daughter's visit is coming to an end. We had a great time at the St. Louis Science Center. We saw 2 Imax movies -- Volcanoes and SuperDogs. The first was OK but SuperDogs we all enjoyed A LOT! It's about rescue dogs and the different rescue locations they're used in: water, snow avalanche, earthquakes, etc. Wonderfully done!! We also saw the Pompeii exhibition and it was really good too. Just how in the world did anything survive the earthquakes before the volcano blew followed by getting covered in 12 feet of dirt and ash? Amazing!
Aphrodite statue

Atrium floor mosaic

Pottery mugs

Beautiful sieve
Yestarday Sarah's cat Penny was getting along with our cat Polly. I was sewing and they were both supervising.
Today they are fighting. After the second go-round, Penny had to go back to her room with the door closed. Makes me sad because I'm sure she would rather be out and about but if she can't play nice? Good-bye!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment