Friday, June 14, 2019

I'm So Darn Lucky!

What a June this is turning out to be! I'll start first with my sewing excitement. Then, if you don't care about anything else, you can move on. But know this: you'll be missing out on lots of good things!

First up for the So Scrappy link party, I pieced the Tiny Tuesday block. Poor little 5" block has no name so suggestions were asked. I think God's Eye may have been the winner but I liked Crosshairs myself. Special thanks goes to Cynthia at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework for providing this week's Tiny Tuesday. Adorable!
Earlier in the week I made my Dark Blue String-X block for RSC2019. It turned out pretty good.
I was wondering how it would look with his friends. Here are the first 6  blocks. Loving it!!
A quick little reminder that less than a week ago I got this Viewers' Choice Blue Ribbon on Mosaics. Although I shared this with you earlier, it was still excitement within this past week.
I will admit that I didn't get quite all the quilting done on it that I wanted. When I get that finished off, I'll get my label put on the back too. Still it was Blue Ribbon-worthy!

That's the end of the quilty happenings here but there is more happiness I'd like to share. A wonderful thing happened this past week -- our St. Louis Blues Hockey Team finally brought home the Stanley Cup. We are a Sports Town here in the St. Louis Metro-Area. We support our Blues and our Cardinals unconditionally and we are SUPER PROUD when they win, whether it be a game, a series, a division title, or go all the way with the Stanley Cup (hockey) or the World Series Pennant (baseball).

But wait! There's more I would love to share with you. Let me introduce my first grandbaby: Brody Charles arrived June 5 at 9:37pm, weighing in at 8lbs 11oz and measuring 21-1/2" long. I imagine you may be seeing more of him in the future!

Cheering the Blues on to victory!
Trying out his 1st smile
Father & Son
Handsome Boy!!!!

I'm so looking forward to meeting this young man next month!



Linking up with So Scrappy!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! New grandchild, so sweet and blue ribbon quilt, fantastic. Love your scrappy blues too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is adorable and congratulations on the Viewers Choice! Baby and quilt are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, a beautiful new grandson, and winning a blue ribbon! Life couldn't ge any better for you! I love the idea of your String X blocks, they look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new grandbaby - such an exciting time! Your award winning quilt is just beautiful - looks like that is well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That was quite some post!! BLUE sewing, a BLUE ribbon, and a brand new BLUES fan in your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. big baby looking like Daddy! Congrats on the blues and the SC win! woohoo! Andy Cohen will be happy too!
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your sweet little grandbaby and also on your blue ribbon! Both were worth "sticking around" to read about. Must be so hard for you to have to wait to get to snuggle that little bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handsome grandson. Congratulations! Also congratulations on the fancy quilt and love the string Xs. Thanks for all you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations... on everything! Cute little blue block unnamed, and wow, a Blue Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Brody! Being a grandma is heaven on earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the addition f Brody to the family! What a handsome fellow!!
    Also way to go on the blue ribbon!!!
    Love the dark blue string block.

    ReplyDelete