Thursday, August 20, 2020

I Like Thursday #3

 What made me happy this week? The biggie -- crossed the finish line for 1500 miles on my phone tracker this morning. Can I get a Woo!Hoo!? I don't have a FitBit but I do keep track on the Runkeeper app on my phone.


There are always interesting things to see on my morning walk with Gracie.
Sunflower peeking over the fence to see what Gracie is up to.

Neighbor's tree is showing signs of Fall!

Bush showing sign of victory
in spite of owner chopping it to smithereens!


Gracie is ready to go!

Grass was ridiculously high.
Thankful it was mowed this week!

Flowering vine on bike path
"Volunteer" sunflower by my bird feeder went from this .....

To this in 5 days!
Today we go back to the doctor for yet another follow-up appointment for DH. Third week in a row. The leaking from his incisions has decreased but continues. This week we were off antibiotics so at least it doesn't look like the infection returned. That in itself is good news! As a plus, he seems to be getting stronger but still hasn't put on any weight. Wish I could say the same! Ha!

There's a lot of happiness being shared on Leeanna's blog Not Afraid of Color. See for yourself and end your week with a smile!

6 comments:

  1. hmmmm men.... I've put on weight! (sad...) your walk was full of beauty. Sunflowers are amazing... giants of color. Gracie is a good girl and companion... good that your husband is better... that's the right direction at least. We can't always get well but we can get better!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your morning walk with Gracie! Congratulations on the 1500 miles. I love/need to walk daily, too - it's a good stress reliever! Hope things slowly get better for DH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your walk. The flowers peeking over the fence, seeing something come back to life. Hurray for 1500 miles. I have been tracking my walking more, just with my phone, I average about 3 miles a day just at work. I definitely need to log more. Love the sunflower! I have a couple of trees with leaves turning too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- what a pretty walk. Hope hubby is doing better. Also, congrats on your fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo!!! Good for you. Your sunflower is a lot bigger than mine! What a great volunteer. That grass is high, but what a beautiful green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your walk is so beautiful! I beet Gracie loves it and expects it. I bet she is sad on days you don't go or if you leave her behind. That is how my dog was.

    ReplyDelete