Thursday, August 6, 2020

I Like Thursday!

My friend Diann at Little Penguin Quilts posts every Thursday with happy things from over the week. I love reading her posts on Thursdays. Today's was another happy, positive post ... a great way to start the day. You can read about her week HERE. She joins in the linky party every week at Not Afraid of Color and I've popped over there a few times and have also enjoyed the posts. So much so that I've decided to give it a go. I think it'll be a nice lift mid-week.

Have you ever seen so many black-eyed susies in one place? This is along my front walkway. Hard to believe that I shared a couple of clumps last Fall with my brother in NC and my sister in TX. Wonder how theirs are doing? Think they're multiplying like mine?
My mother's hairdresser shared some "surprise lilies" with me a few years back. The first two years all I got was the leaves. Last year after the leaves had come up and then died, I got two or three stems with the flowers.
2019 Surprise Lilies
This year not only did I get loads of black-eyed susies, but my lilies have multiplied as well. Check out that picture of the many stems coming up.

July 2020

Here they are today. So many gorgeous blooms! Wish you could smell their sweet aroma.
August 6, 2020

My grandson Brody turned 14 months yesterday. My DIL sent me these pictures. Made me smile how much he has grown.

And this made me smile .... (I hope I did this correctly so you can enjoy too!)
Pretty sure he'll be walking soon. Just not ready yet.

I hope you finish your week off with a smile! Don't forget to visit Not Afraid of Color. Betch smile!

3 comments:

  1. video worked great... LOVE the dog kissing the baby's head!!! Oh your flowers are gorgeous too, and lilies smell wonderful. I'm adding you into the list. If you do it again next week, you can tell me the day before to go in the list to start with! Welcome! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your likes, Susie! So glad you're joining in! I follow you by email, so didn't see your post until this morning. Those black-eyed susans are so pretty! And how fun to see those lilies take off like they have, too. Cute Brody - he will be walking before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your plants certainly are happy the way they are multiplying.

    ReplyDelete