Friday, August 28, 2020

I Like Thursdays #4 (One Day Late)

I guess it has finally caught up with me. I worked so hard on Oh My Stars! so much and so long. Then yesterday I ran to my LQS to get their latest info and pictures so I could work on the shop's newsletter and also to eat lunch with friends Millie and Karen. I just totally lost track that yesterday was Thursday! I would say that lunch with friends probably tops my list for My Likes this week! There are plenty of others sharing what they like on Leeanna's  blog Not Afraid of Color HERE! Check out the posts and I'm sure you'll find yourself smiling!

Do you see this bowl of beautifully rising, yeasty pizza dough? It makes not only me happy but my mother as well. We Love Pizza!
DH doesn't like too many toppings and is perfectly happy with a beef pizza.

Mother & I on the other hand like all kinds of stuff on ours. Saturday night we had sausage, pepperoni green peppers, and onions. Yummmmmm! Such good leftovers too!

I'm starting to suffer zucchini overload! Lol! I made 2 loaves of zucchini bread using a tried-and-true recipe from a Pillsbury paperback cookbook called Harvest Time Cook Book. It sold for $1.98 with a copyright of 1980. Then I made 2 more loaves using Katie Lee's Grandmother's recipe. You can find the details for her Zucchini-Pineapple Bread HERE.
I also made Zucchini Fritters. They're loaded with fresh herbs that I also cut from my herb garden. You can see the parsley, dill, and basil in the zuchhini picture. It's a good recipe with fresh flavor. I got out my recipe for Zucchini Chili by Rachael Ray to make this weekend. I'll freeze up a bunch for this winter. It's super delicious too! Anybody got a really good zucchini recipe for something else? I'd love to hear it because I don't think my zuke season has ended yet! *wink*

Over the past couple of weeks or so I've been enjoying reading "Don't Turn Around". I can't remember where I heard of it. I thought it was a Reese Witherspoon Book Club book but I just checked and it isn't. Oh well, it's a thriller and I'm almost done reading it and am wondering how it's going to end. I look forward to sneaking off to bed early to turn a few more pages.

I'll try to be a bit more timely next time. Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the zucchini overload! I have a favorite recipe for bread that I got from a coworker 30 years ago - we love it! We've done fritters too. I found a spinach, squash and zucchini casserole I love, and some baked zucchini fries I really love (had those for dinner tonight). We have a number of gigantic ones out there now - just couldn't handle any more - that will likely be dropped off at Rescue Ranch tomorrow for Pickles the pig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizzas look super tasty. Sadly Philip does not like pizza - he does not eat cheese or tomatos!!!! - so I rarely get to eat one. We too have zuchini overload although we call them courgettes lol. I have been making salads, some soup for the freezer and am thinking a cake or two might be a good idea. Thanks for reminding me aout fritters - its been a while! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your homemade pizza looks so yummy! I'm impressed with your zucchini, too. Sounds like you've found lots of good ways to use it up. I love zucchini bread, but have never tried it with pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted a zucchini overload last year and got two. Two small, wizzend little scrappy looking veg. Didn't try this year, your pizza looks great. I like a lot on, or a plain cheese. Lately I'm liking cauliflower crust but have never tried making my own crust. Is it hard? do you have a recipe for me? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete