Saturday, August 29, 2020

RSC Purple Coming to an End

Feeling pretty good about this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I think every participant had good production this month. Here's mine ...

All seven purple Heartfire blocks have been completed.

All 9 purple Awesome Land blocks done.

I finished up Oh My Stars! just in time for Show 'n' Tell at my LQS's UFO Challenge. We meet using Zoom and this 100" x 100" queen-size quilt was really, really hard to hold up to show everyone but I managed. Look! It even has purple in it! After we had all shared our show 'n' tell projects, the next number was announced -- #4! That's my Tiny Tuesday quilt from last year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Currently it's a pile of 44 blocks. I put a purple one on top in keeping with this month's color.
I'll need to come up with a final plan for these. Then work to get this top put together and then get it quilted, bound, and labeled. I'm already trying to come up with a plan!

In June my guild started a block of the month (BOM) and I decided to jump in by keeping true to the colors of the RSC. There were two blocks for August and the first block I did was a Pineapple block which I did it in purple, August's RSC color.
The second August block was called Castle Block, I believe. Also done in purples.

Since I was on a roll, I went ahead and sewed up Brave New World. It was the block for June and the RSC color for June was pink.

Soon I'll be working on Crystal Star for July in Dark Blue. September's block has been announced from guild but we won't know the RSC color until September 1. Until then, I'll wait patiently. I wonder what color Angela will choose!?!?!

As a little side note, I also finished up another Liberty Tuffet top. That tiny star in the middle finished at 2-1/4" square. It's SO TINY!

OK, Angela, what color's next? Linking up at SoScrappy HERE and will enjoy looking over everyone's purple progress!


13 comments:

  1. what a wonderful finish - congrats. I like looking at your progress - very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with the purple month! That castle block is stunning in purple. Oh my - that liberty tuffet is teeny tiny but oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Finish! All the color blocks and a completed quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Your really did justice to the Color of the Month for August. SEW much PURPLE!! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your purple blocks, but Oh My Stars is the *star* of the show today! It's just beautiful, Susie, and what an amazing finish! I've tried quilty show and tell via Zoom and it's definitely challenging. Someday your local sewing friends will enjoy seeing it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very productive August! Wonderful purple projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an impressive lot of goodies! Congrats on that Oh My Stars finish. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea for a finish in time for zoom! your purple work is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic purples! You've got some beautiful (and really interesting!) blocks here, and that star quilt is flat-out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of purple lovelies, and I adore your star quilt, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LoVe all your purpleness...just gorgeous...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. So productive and so pretty. You've had a great month and I am sure you will put just as much energy into Red September and all of your readers will be cheering you on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete