Saturday, August 8, 2020

RSC PURPLE

First week of PURPLE! I was thrilled to remember that I had a bag of scraps donated to me from my sister which had been gifted to her from her mother-in-law. So I dug through, unpinned what was pinned, and look what I had!

There were loads of approximately 6" blocks and some leftover strips/lengths. Looked to be the perfect Awesome Land opportunity! Ta! Da! Five out of nine already completed!

Since then I've starched the strips. Next up will be Heartfire hexies out of these fabrics. In between the Awesome Land blocks I managed a couple more Easy Breezy leaders & enders.

I also finished piecing another little tuffet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all my fellow RSCers have done with purple this week. Linking up to see with Angela at SoScrappy!

13 comments:

  1. How nice to be gifted just what you needed and in just the right size, too, and your blocks look great! I like your Easy Breezy blocks in orange and blue, too - they would fit right in at my house with all the Denver Bronco fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is there anything better than a bag of scraps? Especially when they're just the right colors! Congrats on all your gorgeous piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Awesome Land blocks are a great way to show off the RSC colors. (I scrolled back to see the previous AL posts.) And what serendipity to have true scrap fabrics all ready for Purple Month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely PURPLE additions to your RSC block collections, Susie. Gift scraps are SEW much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Awesome Land blocks are so great! Loving your blue and orange Easy Breezy blocks. Definitely have a Denver Bronco vibe!
    That is going to be one spectacular tuffet! I downloaded the tuffet patterns las week. None started yet, but definitely in the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun you had the perfect scraps in the bag to select from this month. Love the easy breezy blocks as well. They are so fun to make. What a teeny tiny tuffet, but oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Awesome Land blocks so much I'll have to put the design top of my list for next years RSC.
    So far I've prepared a few blocks for Easy Peasy for my next lot of L&E stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must have been like digging into a lucky dip with those gorgeous scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making great use of that bag of scraps! Great looking blocks, and your Easy Breezy blocks also look good - amazing how quickly the LE blocks pile can grow when you're dong some serious sewing. Cute Tuffet block too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely purples in your scrap bag. I need to get started on my Dresden. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your blocks but the "purple" ones are just so pretty...xox

    ReplyDelete