Saturday, September 18, 2021

Friday Night with Friends & Rainbow Scraps

Our lovely hostess Wendy gathered us together for our monthly sew-in. We meet virtually every 3rd Saturday of the month and it's so much fun to see what everyone has been busy doing. Last night I worked on Irish Courthouse Steps, a pattern from Bonnie Hunter. I caught myself up on the last turquoise/aqua block. It's pretty blah in appearance but, wherever there's a party, there's bound to be a shrinking violet, right?


Using the above as leaders & enders, I worked on the 2021 Twisted project which is hosted by my friend LindaLee. I now have all ten of these blocks worked up. I'm really enjoying the Studio 180 rulers for this project.

Earlier this week I worked on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month. September is orange, the perfect excuse for finishing up BOO. On Thursday's post I told how I found this really cool fabric on the Free Table at guild and knew it was perfect for BOO. This week I pieced the back, quilted, and bound BOO. Check out ALL THAT ORANGE!!!

A look at the front!

A look at the back!

Those owls just kill me!!! The striped fabric used to stretch the owls and also used for the sleeve were remnants from Sew Spooky top that I finished up earlier this year. The binding was a scrap that was earlier used for the "B" in BOO. If you like this easy, peasy pattern, you can pick it up at Susan Marth's website HERE. Her patterns are wonderful!

Earlier in the week I finished up the dark blue Irish Courthouse Steps. Finally caught up to ORANGE!


So I started an orange one. Here it is under the needle. So pretty!

And here are the other two waiting in the wings.


And because I have my hat in a lot of rings, here's the start of last month's BOM with my guild.

This week I plan on starting the quilting on this project. It's due at next month's 2021 UFO Challenge through my LQS. After quilting it, I'll turn it into a pillow. I plan on making a zippered back. If you know me at all, you know I'm shaking just at that thought!

I think I'll be busy for a while. How about you? Have a great week doing whatever you have planned!

Linking up with Wendy at Sugarlane Designs and Angela at Super Scrappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment