Saturday, September 11, 2021

Not Much Orange Here Yet

It's starting to feel a bit like Fall here in the St. Louis area and that makes me very happy! We've enjoyed the last couple of walks in the mid-50s with highs in the low 80s. LOVE IT! There's a certain smell in the air that says summer is winding down although we're going to have a very warm weekend (think mid-90s!). Ugh! On my walk this morning I noticed there were leaves starting to fall and acorns crunching under my shoes. All good signs in my opinion. Even the sun this morning didn't look like it much wanted to light my way this morning.

On this 11th day of September we remember the tragic events in PA, NYC, and DC. What an awful day etched in most of our memories that day twenty years ago. But long before 2001, September 11th was a wonderful day -- my Dad's birthday! I think I'll make a chocolate cream pie in his honor. He loved it with a graham cracker crust and whipped cream. Many wonderful memories come to my mind when I think of him. ❤

As for us Rainbow Scrappers, Angela has chosen orange for the month. Even Polly was getting into the color last night. Ha!

Yesterday I finished up my aqua/turquoise Irish Courthouse Steps block. Turquoise was August's color.

Did you notice where I had to improvise when I mis-cut one of the fabrics and couldn't find any more in the scrap bin? YIKES!

I really haven't had a chance to think about orange yet since getting back from our trip to Cleveland to celebrate my friend's recent retirement. However, I was reminded on a fellow blogger's post that I never finished up my BOO mini wall hanging. I think it's about time to do that and to also pull out the scrap bin for some orange Irish Courthouse Steps blocks, don't you?

Have a great weekend!


I'm linking up with Angela at SuperScrappy to share my not-so-orange post and to see what the others are making. Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment