Thursday, September 23, 2021

I Like Thursday #51

Well, well, well, here we are again at an I Like Thursday post. Thank you to LeeAnna for gathering us together to share our likes for the week. Starting off this week I like that, in spite of Fall's arrival and the Fall-like temps we experienced yesterday, this beautiful datura was blooming. My neighbor gave me this plant last year, I over-wintered it in the basement, it bloomed this Spring, and I'm getting a 2nd bloom right now! Just look at that blushing pink flower!

Another neighbor shared this picture of the monarch butterfly that she raised from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly. It completed its metamorphosis and it was time to release it. Earlier she sent away and received butterfly tags so she can maybe keep track of where it will migrate to later.

I like my new front door. The old door's window frame was made of plastic. It was yellowed and cracked. I don't think it fit the frame too well anymore either. Here's a picture of the old door.

And here's a picture of the new door. I really like it! That glass just sparkles in the sunshine and it seems so crystal clear.

My neighbor got a new concrete patio poured this week. Instead of tramping through his yard with the cement truck, they pumped the concrete in OVER HIS HOUSE! I really liked that. It was an incredible piece of machinery but all the noise and the size scared poor Gracie.

A couple other likes for this week: I like that I'm almost finished with my book. Only about 20 pages left to get through. Basically it's just the wrap-up. This book has been hard to read to the end.

I like that the St. Louis Cardinals are making a final push to make it to the playoffs. They've now won ten games in a row. I'm glowing Cardinal red! Ha!

I like that some of the new TV shows have started their new seasons. In particular I've liked NCIS and Survivor.

To finish off my Like List this week, I'll say again that I like Autumn. Folks in the neighborhood have started putting out pumpkins, scarecrows, and hay bales. Here's the tree in the neighborhood that leads off with the leaf color change. I think I'll make a run to Dunkin' Donuts this weekend for pumpkin spice and/or apple cider doughnuts.

I wish you all a good week! Don't forget to notice all the good things in your world. It's way too easy to only notice the negative. I'll be linking up at Not Afraid of Color and checking in with the others as to what has rocked their world this week. Bet I learn some new things and it's a great way to keep in touch with my virtual friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment