Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday Night Sew-In

Third Friday of February = Friday Night Sew-In! I've been working on a couple of wool applique projects lately and I knew I was VERY close to the finish line with Reindeer Dance. Wouldn't it be great to finish it tonight? That would be another check on my PHD2021 project sheet!

This morning I made a run to Michael's to pick up more embroidery floss. One of the reasons that this project has been delayed was that I needed more floss. I also needed to put the backing on. This project was a kit I'd bought a couple of years ago from Primitive Gatherings. The wools were divine to work with and I loved the homespun that was included for the backing. The other day I secured the backing to the top using Heat N Bond Feather Lite. I'd never heard of it and had a hard time finding it. It was the notion suggested by the creators of the pattern. My mother will confirm that I can be very persistent. That's a good thing -- I found some and got that step completed.

This evening, I did the button hole stitch while hubby watched the start of a hockey game. Then I stitched while watching Magnum P.I. Love that show. It takes place in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. We spent five years there while we were a United States Air Force family. So fun to see familiar sights! Anyway I continued to stitch the outside edge, attaching the backing to the top.


And this project is done. Ta! Da!

I think I'll be gifting this gorgeous table mat next Christmas. Not sure to whom yet. Isn't it lovely?

Thank you, Wendy, for gathering us all up for Friday Night Sew-In. I'm linking up at Sugarlane Designs to share my evening with my global blogging friends. Catch me over there enjoying what the others did Friday night!

7 comments:

  1. Someone is going to be very happy when they receive that pretty table mat. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table mat! It will, indeed, be a treasured gift next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reindeer project is just delightful, Susie! I loved the close-ups of it that you shared. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely finish Susie, what a great project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table mat. Looks fabulous. What is the name of the pattern please. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your finish - I'm sure you have a recipient in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the FNSI finish, it looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete