Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Night with Friends in February

Cheryll has gathered us up to stitch together again this first Friday of February. There were 21 of us this time! You can see what this group busied themselves with at Gone Stitchin'. As for me, I wanted to make some progress on Reindeer Dance. It's such a cute table mat but I'm finding it a bit tedious. Here's where I started.


While I thought that I needed to finish sewing down the reindeer legs, it turns out they were finished earlier and I had moved on to the tree trunks. If you notice, I've got a few of the middle tree trunks done but oh! So many more to go.

I worked on it this evening and managed to finish off a total of 20 trunks with only 4 to go. Then I'll have to read and figure out how to embroider the antlers on. Something about using Press 'n' Seal.


I wish I'd finish the trunks tonight but I already fell asleep once here on the couch. I keep waking up at 3am and not able to fall back asleep. It'll be a good thing these upcoming couple of weeks. The Australian Open begins Sunday and I'll be happy to be up in the middle of night here to watch it live there! Until then, I need some shut-eye.

Don't forget to see the fun at Gone Stitchin'! Good night!

12 comments:

  1. So cute, this is going to be so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mat, it's so cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Susie, you got a lot done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find those little bits tedious too. But of course, they are what make the project cute. And yours is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is cute, Susie! Lots of little tiny stitches, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table mat is adorable!!! But it will be worth all the work in the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty table mat...every stitch is a stitch closer to the finish line. Enjoy the tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that mat. It's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done well. I would find very hard to get motivated to do anything "Christmassy" at this time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little reindeer mat so keep going as it will be gorgeous. Some projects just seem to take forever to complete where others fly by...
    Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete