Thursday, February 4, 2021

I Like Thursday #23

First Thursday of February. Let's do it!

No secret - I like snow. So far this year, this was our biggest snowfall, about 2". Whoopee! I'd like a little more, please. This picture was on the bike trail. That's Gracie up ahead of me.


I tried to get a picture of Gracie's iced up snoot and chin!

This little junco was eating the dropped bits of suet from the feeders above on my deck. I love these little fellas in their tuxedos!

My daughter sent this wine to me (one bottle of 6, if I remember correctly! Sarah loves me!)  during the summer while my hubby was going through the kidney ordeal. I broke into the bottle this past weekend with the snow and while Mom was here to help me enjoy it. I heated it up and we thought it was yummy and I'm sure we'll finish it off this weekend when the weather is promising to turn FRIGID!


It snowed in Maryland this week and I got this picture of Brody & his snowman. I think he did a spectacular job! I think he thinks so too. Just look at that happy face with the rosy cheeks!

I like unexpected surprises too. My BFF Vickie sent a surprise package to me this week. She enjoys working the tar out of her embroidery machine and she made TONS of Valentine hearts. She kept some for herself, she sent some to her daughter, she sent some to her mother, and she sent some to me!!! Mostly they've been hung in the window with suction cups but I decided to hang them here in my kitchen where I KNOW I'll see them every day and know that she was spreading love. Thank you, Vic! I love them!!

As for my reading this week, I finished "Anxious People" by Fredrik Backman. Did I already tell you this? I can't remember but in case I didn't, I'll let you know that it wasn't my favorite by this author. I'd strongly recommend one of his others. Did I like this one? It was OK, not a waste of time. There were redeeming parts which left me laughing out loud and parts that made me stop and think. True to his stories.

I have started "The Law of Innocence" by Michael Connelly. It's another Mickey Haller (aka Lincoln Lawyer) novel and it looks to be good.

Per Goodreads.com, this book is summarized as follows:

Defense attorney Mickey Haller is pulled over by police, who find the body of a client in the trunk of his Lincoln. Haller is charged with murder and can't make the exorbitant $5 million bail slapped on him by a vindictive judge.

Mickey elects to defend himself and must strategize and build his defense from his jail cell in the Twin Towers Correctional Center in downtown Los Angeles, all the while looking over his shoulder--as an officer of the court he is an instant target.

Mickey knows he's been framed. Now, with the help of his trusted team, he has to figure out who has plotted to destroy his life and why. Then he has to go before a judge and jury and prove his innocence.

In his highest stakes case yet, Mickey Haller fights for his life and shows why he is "a worthy colleague of Atticus Finch...in the front of the pack in the legal thriller game" (Los Angeles Times).
 


I haven't really gotten into it but so far, so good.

I did finish my first audio book ever. It was "The Chain" and it had a weird & scary concept. I enjoyed listening to it while quilting Tiny Tuesday followed by sewing 48 of these.


I liked the idea of "The Chain", scary & powerful. I thought the ending was a bit over-the-top and I really didn't think the language at times was necessary. Go ahead, call me old-fashioned. Maybe just shows that it was written by a man of a younger generation. I liked this book enough to want to read more by this same author though. Stay tuned!

That's pretty much been my week. I'm linking up with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color . There are others that are doing the same and you should check them out too. So much to like around there!

6 comments:

  1. I love your snowy picture and frosty Gracie. The hearts are adorable and they look perfect where you have them. Enjoy the rest of your wine and stay cosy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty photo of your snowy bike path! The wine sounds yummy, especially warmed up. Those are neat little hearts, too. I just finished The Law of Innocence this afternoon - I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow! I like it too (which is a good thing, since we just got 10" of it!). The Valentine hearts are lovely. What a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Valentine hearts are lovely! What a nice thing for your friend to do for you. Cute photo of Brody and his snowman! I'm going to have to read more of your blog to see what you're doing with the red and black blocks. Red is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of decorating for the season or holiday, but seeing your hearts, I want to do something this year. :-) I like your photo of the snowman and the happy snowman builders. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the snow too, and the soft light that comes with it. That's a snowman, well done little guy! I love how you displayed the hearts, so sweet from your friend.

    ReplyDelete