Thursday, February 18, 2021

I Like Thursday #25

Happy Thursday! One day closer to the weekend and one day closer to a thaw! It's also the one day of the week that I can dedicate all things I'm liking right now.

Let's start with the sun. I like to see the sun. He brightens my world and, even if the thermometer reads in the teens, he can start things melting. We got about 7" of snow on Tuesday followed by maybe an inch on top of that last night. I had already shoveled the 7" Tuesday morning so was not really happy about another inch.

I like my snow shovel! I'm so glad we have a snow shovel to get the snow off the drive. I like to get it done before we have to drive over it. Fred helped me shovel some but he's not supposed to do any heavy-lifting until we get his hernias repaired.

I like that Fred is a good and determined driver. When Mom called Tuesday to say she didn't want to stay at her house in case the electricity went out, he didn't hesitate to say we'd come get her. The snow had come down all night and was still coming down when we went for her, but we did.

I can't say that I liked taking Mom back yesterday. I had to shovel her driveway. I think Mom got a little bit more snow than we did. Ugh! Fred made a run to the grocery store for me and Mom while the shoveling took place. I like that Mom is comfortable, safe & cozy, back in her own bed. I like knowing that she knows she can count on us and actually will call if she needs us.

I liked Valentine's Day. Sweetie gave me yumminess.

I like getting Valentine's Day cards in the mail. My sister-in-law, who lives in Loveland CO, always sends us the most special card from Love-Land with a special poem stamped on the envelope.

I like that my daughter reminded me that the end of Mardi Gras week is not only Fat Tuesday but Pancake Day. I like that she suggested making a Dutch Baby which I did. I topped Mom's & mine with a cherry topping and Fred's got strawberry. All were topped with powdered sugar and given a thumbs up.

Fresh from the oven

Fred's with strawberry topping

Mine & Mom's with cherry topping

If you're interested in making your own Dutch Baby, here's the recipe I followed. Easy peasy! The DB cooks for 20 minutes giving you time to cook some bacon or sausage to go with it!

Dutch Baby recipe by Simply Recipes

I like knowing the temperature outside with our digital thermometer. I didn't really like the reading the other day.


I like the snow plows coming through and clearing the roads, including the cul-de-sac we live on.


I like my heated bird bath, probably not as much as this little bird. Do you think the rock is warm under his toes from the heater?

I like being able to get out with the dog again. We missed 2 mornings. The cold doesn't stop us but ice will. If you remember, I fell HARD a couple of years ago and it took almost a year to fully recover. I won't go if there's a chance of slipperiness. On those days, I take Gracie all through our back yard and she got to run loose while I shoveled.

I like getting to the bike trail again. There's no shoveling/plowing done on it so it is a HARD walk. I let Gracie run off-leash the 1/2 mile there and back and while we're on the trail. This morning we walked where no one but deer have been.

They went thatta way!

For a rather strange week with not a lot of sewing done, I still managed to have a great week! Did I mention I like Tylenol? After shoveling our driveway and then two days later shoveling Mom's, I really like Tylenol! Lol!

Have a great week! I'm linking up with Not Afraid of Color and will be dropping by to see loads of fun stuff. You should too!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susie, what a great post and I can second most of the things you mention. What a kind Fred you have...family means so much. I too have been shoveling a lot lately and have my favourite shovel. I've noted your Dutch baby link...thanks. We just followed deer tracks on our property and note how they like to use our trails. I hope you and Fred have a great weekend, and Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care in all that snow & the shovelling that goes with it.
    Stay safe AnD warm too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dutch baby looks delicious! Mmm... chocolate. The snow looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your positive attitude! Haven't had a Dutch Baby in a while - should put them on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely do have a positive attitude! I like it when the sun comes out after a snow, too - it makes everything better! And chocolate - yum! Love those Loveland valentines, too - I've sent a lot of them over the years. Hope it's warming up where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a good week! The Dutch Baby looks so good! It's so nice that you're so close to your mom. We careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't shovel snow, but I didn't do much sewing this week either, just a little embroidery. The Dutch Baby looks yummy. Glad your mom is safe and so are you. Your chocolates look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeek ice... that's the problem with walking here too. I tore a ligament in my knee falling on ice the year I moved from Florida to maryland. Love the heated birdbath and bird pic... what a shock to leave the water and return to a cold nest

    ReplyDelete