Saturday, February 20, 2021

RSC Yellow and a Finish

Last weekend I had a sewing date with 8 other ladies. We met on Friday & Saturday to sew by day, then go home to sleep at night. I've been enjoying these mini retreats but it may come to an end for me. Marion, our fearless leader, explained that with the vaccinations rolling out in our area, several of the "senior" members have said they'd like to rejoin sewing with the group. There used to be 25-30 of us but we've had to relocate due to COVID and the new place only allows 12 to meet. I joined this circle late and may get bumped off the calling list. WAH!!!!! Oh well, that's how it goes. Who knows? We may be able to increase our group by next month due to the vaccines and I'll get a call.

But that is not what this post is about. I started this because on Friday I got to the sew-in only to discover that I still had my walking foot on my machine and not my sewing foot. So glad I brought handwork in case I ran out of machine work! That night I went home and immediately stuffed my sewing foot in my purse so I'd be good to go. On Saturday I managed three yellow Irish Courthouse Steps. They are so much fun and they easily go together three at a time!

I've started planning my Table Scraps Challenge as well as cutting out pieces. Hopefully I'll get to that this week.

The Australian Open tennis tournament has been very exciting. I've been doing wool applique while watching and last night I finished Reindeer Dance.

You can read the full post on this sweet table mat HERE if you like.

When I couldn't sew last Friday, I cut out these letters and now they're mostly sewn down. This is called Peace Love Joy pillow and I got the kit from the same place as Reindeer Dance -- Primitive Gatherings. It's wool on flannel. Those inner snowflakes were definitely a bear to cut out. Now I need to find the courage to tackle sewing their edges down!

The Aussie Open ladies' final can be seen today and the men's tomorrow. I've got handwork at the ready for full enjoyment! Let's see how far I can get this weekend!

I'm linking up with Angela at So Scrappy. This linky party has been having over 40 weekly participants lately. You should pop over and see all the amazing yellow happenings!

8 comments:

  1. I hope that everyone is vaccinated soon so you can sew in person without group size limitations. Your blocks look great! So glad you remembered to bring the right foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed a productive retreat, Susie. LOVE those YELLOW Irish Courthouse Step blocks (and, of course, your Peace Love Joy pillow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to keep going to your retreat. The sleep-in-your-own-bed kind of retreat is my favorite. Nice yellow blocks, and congratulations on Reindeer Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the best wool projects! Love the new pillow. And your Irish Courthouse Steps always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying watching your progress on the table mat. I really like your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your reindeer! So cute! I have never worked with felt wool, keep meaning to... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How annoying to have left that foot at home. Still you made good use of your time and the blocks you madde the next day look great! Enjoy your tennis. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your group can get back to "normal" soon - hopefully the vaccine will get us all back to some sort of "normal"
    Always good to have a back up project - I did the same thing sort of last Sunday - took hand sewing only to discover I hadn't ironed the stabiliser on at home - crochet to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete