Thursday, February 25, 2021

RSC #26

Today is Thursday and it's time to join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to get your weekly "happy fix"! Go on, take a peek!

I'd like to start off by saying I like rainbows and that includes fabric ones! These are my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Awesome Land blocks from last year. So pretty!

Last week I had a birthday. Here is one of my greetings. Complete with Veggie Monster shirt and Monsters, Inc slippers!
I like numbers too. My hubby shared something really cool with me. My birthday fell on the 21st day of the 21st year in the 21st century! Because that wasn't amazing enough and because we're a team, I said, "Yes! and when you add up those three 21sts, you get 63 which is how old I am on this 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century!" Aren't we clever!!??!! Haha!

I love cardinals. I think they're one of the prettiest birds. My daughter sent me this huge concrete cardinal stepping stone for my garden. Unfortunately, although it was clearly marked "Glass FRAGILE", someone dropped it on its side and it took a little beating already. But it sure is pretty! And it sure is heavy!
Even the paper it was wrapped in was pretty!
I also like using new sewing tools. My BFF got me this Quick Curves Ruler and a book with all kinds of projects in it. Honestly though, I got this from her for Christmas and I'm just now testing it out. I'm using it for my own rendition of the Table Scrap Challenge. You'll have to wait to see that this weekend!
A while ago I finished reading "The Law of Innocence" by Michael Connelly. It was enjoyable and current with the times of masking. However I didn't really care for the political touches he threw into the story. I don't care which side he stands on, I just don't want it in my fictional reading. Especially right before bed which is when I mostly read.

I did start a new book. It's called "Blue Moon" by Lee Childs. I've heard of Jack Reacher but don't think I've read any of the books. This turns out to be the latest Jack Reacher book (#24, who knew?). Thankfully it's also a stand-alone book so I'm not missing anything.
Here's part of the write-up from Goodreads.com.

Reacher is on a Greyhound bus, minding his own business, with no particular place to go, and all the time in the world to get there. Then he steps off the bus to help an old man who is obviously just a victim waiting to happen. But you know what they say about good deeds. Now Reacher wants to make it right.

An elderly couple have made a few well-meaning mistakes, and now they owe big money to some very bad people. One brazen move leads to another, and suddenly Reacher finds himself a wanted man in the middle of a brutal turf war between rival Ukrainian and Albanian gangs.

So far, so good. I'm about halfway through and I'll keep you posted.

Until next time, make it a good week! And don't forget to check out other positive posts on Not Afraid of Color!

4 comments:

  1. I bought that tool and book but haven't tried it yet! let me know any secrets to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric all hanging together does look like a rainbow...
    Love it...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love what you and hubby figured out about the numbers! I love cardinals, too, and that is a beautiful stepping stone for your garden. I hope it will still work even though it got damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those slippers are a hoot! That cardinal is pretty. Have fun with your ruler.

    ReplyDelete