Monday, February 1, 2021

January PHD Report

I'm very happy to say that I've actually made progress on my projects this first month of 2021. I don't usually focus so steadily. Which is why I signed up once again for my PHD! Hahaha! So let's begin.

I started a new project ... see what I mean about "focus"? Lol! Anyway I started this little wool pincushion in January and finished in January. It was a kit from Primitive Gatherings.


Unfortunately I started a second wool project but it got sidelined when I ran out of my thread. I'll get more thread and finish this month, fingers crossed!

My main focus for January was to get Tiny Tuesday finished. This quilt was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt where I made the blocks all during 2019. Finally! Here she is!


On January 1, she was 100% pieced and partially quilted. Now she is 100% finished right down to the label. You can read more about her and see close-ups of the blocks & some of the quilting HERE.

One of my blogging friends, The Joyful Quilter, put out a challenge for 2021. She named the challenge Table Scraps and we just need to make something for a table. It can be a table runner, placemats, mug rug, whatever. She asks that you keep it in line with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge's color of the month. January was PINK. I made three place mats - one for my hubby, one for my mother, and one for me.


So, one UFO completed and two projects started in January AND finished in January. I'm glad I'm recording this for posterity because it'll probably never happen again! Haha! See you March 1 with my next PHD update!

8 comments:

  1. Excellent work on finishing that beautiful Tiny Tuesday quilt AND finishing off your new starts in January!!! You're off to a roaring start!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to PHD in 2021! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I told you this on one of your other posts, but I love your placemats! Those intertwined hearts are a neat design. And so nice that you made one for your mom, too. My mom is moving back to Colorado - I'm going to have to make her some quilted things for her new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finished quilt looks gorgeous and I 'love' the table mats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects! Thanks for posting your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finished Tiny Tuesday quilt looks wonderful, I had fun making those blocks in 2019, looks like you did as well. And the table mats are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiny Tuesday looks fantastic! Well done! I do love that sweet little deer pillow....gorgeous too. The placemats are really pretty. You have some beautiful finishes there xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, had to go looking to see what was the inspiration for the header mats (I see they are not mug rugs as I thought). I just discovered "Table Scraps" so was thrilled to see that's what inspired these. Hope to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete