Thursday, February 11, 2021

I Like Thursday #24

Thursday is such a great day. It's almost the weekend and it is overflowing with likeable things. Discover what I mean on LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color where others share their LIKES!

I'm still liking to watch the birds at my bird feeders. We've had such cold weather lately. Some days we don't even break 20 degrees! As for snow, we've had maybe 3" total in the last couple of days. The weather predictors say we're going to be in this for a while longer. The birds (and squirrels) have really appreciated the full feeders and suet cakes. This fellow visits daily either on the suet or the peanuts further out in the yard.


I'll be running a few errands today. It's good to keep my driveway-kept vehicle driven every few days with this cold weather. I'll be getting my hair trimmed (I like that), getting more bird seed, and dropping in on my mother. Her Internet is out and I believe I can fix that with a quick modem reset. I'll drop off some of our dinner from last night with her while I'm there -- Corned beef with boiled carrots & potatoes. She's got a lot of Irish in her so she really appreciates a dinner like that!

Speaking of cold, not everyone  dislikes the cold.

This girl LOVES it! She runs all over with that tail just a-wagging! She just returned from the spa and posed for this picture before shutting her eyes for a nap. Isn't that bandana the sweetest with the hearts and roses?

Something I learned to like this week: stitching embroidery designs through Press N Seal! One can't use a light box with wool (too thick) but one sometimes needs to mark a design, say of antlers on 8 reindeer.

Markings on Press N Seal. It stays in place on the wool beautifully!


After stitching, you trim with scissors close to the stitching, followed by pulling the Press N Seal sideways out from under the stitching. I found it worked best by trimming VERY close to the inside curves and pulling off on the outside curves. This technique is shared by Lisa Bonjean of Primitive Gatherings. She's a brilliant designer and shop owner. Anyway, I'm all done with the antlers and am debating on the French knot eyes or not. Then I'll be on to the backing! I actually like finishing projects. Who knew?!?! Haha!

Speaking of finishing, I shared my Tiny Tuesday quilt with my UFO Challenge Club at my local quilt shop.

Cindy, our fearless leader, picked from the hat our next project number -- #4. Yay! That would be my Shark Bite quilt. This was such a fun Leader & Ender quilt and I just fell in love with that turquoise fabric that makes up the shark teeth. The fabric was a Jinny Beyer piece from her Safari line. It actually has giraffes printed on it!

I'm very excited to finish that one up. Now if only we could warm up a bit so I could get it basted and ready to go. I do that job in the basement and it is very cold down there -- 55 degrees by my thermometer. Definitely will have to set up a space heater. I like those too!

I have been enjoying the Australian Open Tennis which started this week. While watching the other day I chuckled as I was rooting on Stephano Tsitsipas, a Greek tennis player. He's very good and he obviously follows the Rainbow Scrap Challenge as February's color of the month is yellow!
I also like a kitty curled up between my feet. So warm!

Yesterday I baked cookies. I've got a 2-day sewing retreat coming up Friday & Saturday so I'll be bringing some of these there to share.

Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my husband's favorite cookies. Early Valentines for him! And since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I've been lighting this up in our front window.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! And don't forget to visit the other bloggers sharing their LIKES this week!

10 comments:

  1. I never thought I would say and happily so - I love shark teeth :-D These are strange times and I am sure there is more to come. Quilting is our refuge and joy - shark teeth and all. I am glad that Stephano Tsitsipas got the message from Angela :-D Check your email Susie. You won!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought press and seal but I haven't used it yet. I too love shark teeth, yours anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those kind of peanut butter cookies, too - yum! What a great idea to use the Press & Seal for marking your antlers on the wool - I'll have to remember that. Tiny Tuesday looks wonderful! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - lots of good things. Peanut butter kiss cookies are always so good! I've not seen press and seal used like that - good to know!!! We've been having a lot of birds at our feeder, too. Great looking quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cookies! one of my faves too... your pup has so little hair for the cold but my black lab loved snow too! embroidery is so pretty! I could just watch birds all day long

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness... you have been busy... & staying warm too...
    Love that your feathered friends come around to visit & eat.
    Great use of Press-n-Seal too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt projects! The cookies look delicious! So smart to use Press N Seal. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your reindeer are so cute! So nice to see the birds at the feeders. Our grand dog also loves romping around in the snow. Have fun finishing your shark bite quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Cookies look yummys. hummmm
    Pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of using press n seal to mark patterns! I never thought about that. I love the chocolate kiss cookies too but I never think to buy kisses. I did make regular chocolate peanut butter cookies this week and they were very tasty :) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete