Thursday, March 4, 2021

I Like Thurs #27

Wow! I just noticed that last week's I Like Thurs post was titled RSC! Haha! I'll start my first "like" with I like friends that don't dwell on my mistakes nor point them out for all to see! Hahahaha!!!

Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Amanda! She truly falls into the "LIKE" category! I sent her this T-shirt for her birthday. It sounded like something she'd say. I'm not sure she got it but doesn't it look great on her!

(It says, "OK, I won't be doing any of that but thank you".)

Anyway, my next "like" would be that I have a happy mother. Do things always go her way? Not even close! Does she forget things and have to make it up somewhere else? Of course she does! Does she always try to smile and laugh at some of the funny things that she does or happen to her? You betcha! I hope I age as well as her. Unlikely though because we react to things so differently. She smiles, I grumble.

So Mom was watching my Nixplay (a photo frame which I also like!) run through the pictures. She asked if I could put a couple of her pictures from her purse on it. I liked that it was easy and that I could do it in a flash. I even added the details.

On the steps of their first apartment.
This was Mom's 6th grade picture. Her older sister did her hair for her and she hated it. Haha!
Dad on his way to a military career.
Baby Me (2 months old), taken in Tripoli, Libya, where I was born. Starting life as a "military brat"!

Ahhh, enough of Memory Lane. Back to reality. March came in like a lamb here in the Midwest. This morning I noticed a few of the trees showing signs of life with leaf buds beginning to swell.
One of my neighbors has the best ever decorated mail box! Happy St. Patty's Day!
My daughter brought me some Capital City Mambo Sauce when she came for a visit. I loved it! It's sweet at first taste but next comes a spicy burn. It's delicious on burgers, fries, eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and even makes Tater Tots edible! Ha! I really liked that I spied some here in Illinois at the Scott AFB Commissary yesterday! Of course I picked some up!
Last weekend we tuned in to "Like Father" on Netflix. It's a movie, not a series, starring Kirsten Bell and Kelsey Grammer, Mom & I liked it and even Fred tuned in and gave it an OK. Here's the write-up from Netflix.
Left at the altar, a young executive takes her Caribbean honeymoon cruise with the last person she ever expected -- her estranged father. Although they depart as strangers, they soon gain a new appreciation for love, life, family and each other.

And that, my friends, is my list of Likes for this week! I hope you find many Likes in your life too!

Linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color where there's a whole group sharing their Likes as well!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds like a neat person! And enjoyable to be around, too. Fun to see those old photos - so many good memories for your mom in them, I bet. Thanks for the movie recommendation, too. It sounds like one we would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Aren't old photos fun to see? That mailbox is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great likes. Love your old photos, and your mom sounds like an awesome soul.

    ReplyDelete