Monday, March 1, 2021

WOOFA(P) & PHD

The first of March means it's time to look back to see what was accomplished in February. Short month. Some progress but nothing monumental. I will be linking up with Quilting Gail for the PHD (Projects Half Done) and with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' for WOOFA(P) (Work On Or Finishing A ... UFO (Project, Pattern, Problem, etc.). Both are designed to get us quilters on the right path to a completed project!

So what did I work on? I finished the wool mat project Reindeer Dance, which had been started in January. It hit a standstill when I ran out of the embroidery thread and had a little difficulty finding the same thread. You can read all about this project HERE.


While I was waiting to locate  more  of the needed thread for Reindeer Dance, I started another wool applique pillow titled Peace Love Joy. It, like Reindeer Dance, was purchased some time ago from Primitive Gatherings. The top is now completed. Just needs the zipper sewn in and backed. Of course then it will need a pillow form stuffed inside. I'll get it all done this week! For now, here's a picture of the finished front.
The Joyful Quilter presented a challenge to us for 2021 called Table Scraps. Each month, using the designated color of the month from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, we are to make a table runner, table mat, mug rug, etc. February's color was yellow so I made a 17" square table mat using a new-to-me ruler. I think it turned out adorable and I love it! The back of it is a yellow print with little bees! You can read about the progress of this mat HERE.
For both WOOFA(P) and PHD, these count as starts & finishes. However, none of these were on my official PHD list. I don't have anything finished for that list but I did make progress on two of the projects. I worked on Awesome Land. It was nothing but a pile of blocks from RSC2020. I've started sewing on scrappy background sashing pieces.
I also worked on the 2020 Twisted Mystery quilt. I made 48 total of these units.
I started 52 of these. I think I have 18 of the 52 sewn but still need to be trimmed up.

Progress on Shark Bite was made. I picked out the fabric for the backing! Isn't it gorgeous? To get Shark Bite to the finish line is the goal for the 2021UFO Challenge, due in April. Just getting it layered up and basted will be a job inself! Ugh! Here's the backing I'm planning on using.
So let's see. I started a project in January and finished it in February. Started a project in February and finished it in February. Started a second project in February and it's basically done. Maybe 97%? I also made some headway on two of my official PHD projects and got the backing picked out for a third. Really not too bad for such a short month.

See you in a month with hopefully some finishes!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very productive month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOFA(P)....I'm going to have to look that up. Lots of progress in your sewing room this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new picture at the top! Is the area near where you live greening up already? I'm craving green! It looks like you got a lot done in February. I love the reindeer project, and looking forward to seeing how your putting the Awesome Land blocks together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. assignment help

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wool felt projects and the yellow runner is gorgeous too. Nice idea to do a wee table runner per month. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete