Saturday, March 13, 2021

RSC Green

Today I'm sharing what I've done this week regarding green. Did you notice I changed the picture at the top? That's a start, right?

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 is all about green this month. Angela gets us together HERE at So Scrappy weekly to share whatever progress we've made with the color of the month. First up is my Lotus Flower in green. I'm so happy to use up some of this shamrock fabric.

I don't know when/where I got the green shamrocks but I've got about 1-1/2 yards of it! I kind of wonder if it was on the FREE table at guild meeting or maybe an estate sale? It kind of has that musty, basementy smell about it. Not too bad until the iron hits it. Ugh! I'm hoping it'll eventually wash out!

Here it is with its friends from January (pink) and February (yellow). The gang looks good!

I made a start on the Irish Courthouse blocks. One down, two more in process.

I also turned the heel of the Paragon socks. Again, a little green!

There's also a little green with pretty colors happening in my gardens.

Purple crocuses

White crocuses, yellow mini daffodils

Spring is such a beautiful time with new beginnings and new dreams. Have a wonderful week and don't forget tomorrow -- 3/14 -- is Pi(e) Day. We'll be rainy & chilly here in the Midwest so it'll be a KFC chicken pot pie day for us! And don't forget to visit Angela's blog SoScrappy to catch up on more optimistic green posts!

12 comments:

  1. I love your green blocks this week. The lotus flower (Delectable Mountain) block is great, but the Irish Courthouse steals my heart! I’ve got to add those to my list. And I never forget Pi Day (it’s my birthday, LOL) but I’m at the age where I’d like to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Lotus Flower blocks are neat! They'll be pretty in all the colors of the rainbow. Love the Irish Courthouse block, too! I especially love the green in your garden! Hope my tulip and daffodil sprouts survive the snow we have coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to put that shamrock fabric to good use! Lots of green springing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun blocks - I am so tempted by the courthouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty lotus flower blocks. And nice green socks, I'm fairly new to knitting socks and I'm really pleased with my progress so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. Is the header a pic of your letter box?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see green scraps and green in the garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! Irish Courthouse looks like fun! What a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You finished some lovely GREEN blocks for the RSC this week, Susie! Thanks for the reminder about Pi(e) Day. We have to remember to advance the clocks an hour tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely green blocks and the socks look super snuggly. Lovely when that first bit of green arrives in the garden. It was a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Irish Courthouse blocks. Yes, I've had some of that fabric that smells musty when ironed. I think someone gave me some or I picked it up at a thrift store or garage sale. Smell did wash out, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both of your ongoing blocks! Crocuses are up here, too, though today they got covered by snow.

    ReplyDelete