Thursday, March 18, 2021

I Like Thurs #29

 Good thing I like rain. The pond out back has covered my neighbor's lower dock and the water is up to the base of ours. My morning view this morning.

The rain has made some of the trees fall on the bike trail. I guess the ground is so soggy the roots can't hold on. This was Monday's fallen tree.

Gracie was pretty interested in this one. It was small enough that, with a bit of brute strength (haha!), I managed to move it off the trail.

Last night's rain brought down another on our trail for today's morning walk. Mother Nature must know which trees need to be thinned.

Root Base Shown
C'mon, let's go!

The good news about all this rain is there's plenty of water in the ditches to get drinks, if one chooses to do that. Gracie likes that!

I guess someone else also likes the rain besides Gracie & me. Earlier in the week I noticed someone had secured a couple of folding chairs to a tree overlooking this little pond in the woods. I only noticed because I like to walk this far on the bike trail because I like the sound of the rushing water here. I don't know how one would actually get down to where these chairs are but I wouldn't mind sitting there for a spell either.

The rain also  brings the promise of flowers. I like that Mr. Mike has cleared the back side of his hill and planted flowers & trees. It's nice to watch the seasons change here along the trail.

Daffodils blooming

More daffodils and surprise lilies greenery

For my birthday, my hubby got me a doughnut pan. I like cake doughnuts and thought it would be fun to try making some. For my first batch, I used King Arthur's recipe. They were tasty but a little dry. I think my pan makes mini doughnuts because I got 20 out of a recipe that makes 12. Here they are all decked out for St. Patrick's Day!


For my next attempt, I'll try one of Carole's recipe from her blog From My Carolina Home. I think I've got the pan that she uses. I'll keep you posted when I make more doughnuts. I like Carole's blog. Besides quilting, she also posts recipes, flowers & birds, gardening, tablescapes, books, paper crafting, and more.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I like my neighbor's yard decoration. Doesn't this pretty much say it all??!!?? Haha!

And this was the sky on our St. Patrick's Day morning walk.

And of course I can't let this week go by without a picture of my favorite adult leprechaun, my daughter. She just went blonde. We'll see if she has more fun! Ha!

Did I mention also how much I like her! Definitely one of my favorite likes!!

I'll be linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color today. I'll also be catching up on everyone else's "likes" for this week. It's sure to bring a smile to my face!

5 comments:

  1. What great walking path, with the exception of the downed trees, of course. I’d like a little rain here too! Let us know when you find a good cake donut recipe! My DH loves cake donuts! They are scarce in the stores here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to try King Arthur's apple cider donuts. I found them delish! Went around the neighborhood with some (so we didn't eat them all), and got raves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a pretty walk, even when it's been raining! I love daffodils - can't wait to have some blooming here. I follow Carole's blog, too - she always has good recipes! Have fun trying different kinds of donuts. Your daughter looks like a sweetie! Does she live close by?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain is good - although that looks like a lot. Mmmm... donuts. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your daughter is so pretty! and blond suits her. We're flooding around here too... where it's usually very dry. I thought about a doughnut pan, haven't gotten one yet but I love them... ahhhhh the days in Tampa when the Krispy Kreme doughnut sign would go on and we'd eat too many of fresh ones. Hi to Gracie! Be careful drinking that water

    ReplyDelete