Saturday, March 20, 2021

More RSC Green & FNSI

As most of you know, I've been trying to put in some good time on Shark Bite. It's coming along slowly but surely. In spite of what I used to believe, machine quilting is not some super-speedy wonder for quilt finishing. I did get all 484 "teeth" quilted -- that sure was a LOT of HSTs!!!! Last night I actually found the blue "teeth" fabric that I had left. Amazingly, there was plenty to make the binding ... so I did! Hurray for progress!

In the meantime, I found a little bit of green to make the other two Irish Courthouse blocks.


And here are all three of these for RSC green month.

I also put in a day working on my table mat. The top is done. Now to get it quilted and bound. It's adorable if I must say so myself. No pictures because the reveal is next week for Joy's Table Scraps Challenge. I've got a couple of ideas swirling in these few brain cells of mine for next month already ... depending on the chosen color for April. No pressure, Angela! Haha!

As for Friday Night Sew-In, I decided to pull out a cross-stitch project from a while back. These Xs are teensy, tiny so there doesn't seem like a lot of progress was made. However, I did work on it for a couple of hours last night. The tree roots were finished off and all of the green back-stitching on the left-hand side was done during FNSI.
So there you have it! Little green hills, little green greenery for flower stems, and little green stitches on the carrot quilt. I'm sure it'll be more clear once I get it 100% outlined. Did I mention that this would be nice to have done for Easter? Hahaha!!!

Thank you, Wendy, for the FNSI linky party (found HERE)
and
Thank you, Angela, for the RSC linky party (found HERE)

11 comments:

  1. Very fun Irish Chain blocks. The cross stitch is really cute, but that is a lot of work! Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Irish Courthouse blocks are just great - love those green shamrocks! And what a fun cross-stitch project, too. Maybe it will be done for Easter 2022?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty GREEN blocks for the RSC, Susie, but now I can't wait to see what you've made for the March 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cross stitch, all these pretty bunnies. Love your blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture. I love your green courthouse blocks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw your header I thought you were growing pot then I realized those are Mayapples. ;-)

    I like how your Irish Courthouse blocks are coming along. I won't have any table scraps project this month but will probably have something next time green rolls around for RSC. I had too many RSC blocks to make.

    I have a few old cross stitch UFOs but I'm not sure I would be able to see well enough to finish them. I used to do cross stitch and crewel embroidery in the 70s when I was giving up a tobacco addiction and needed something to keep my hands busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cross stitch is beautiful and I love the Irish chain too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are looking great and love your cross stitch. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cross stitch looks very cute, i think it always seems like little progress is beinb made but it suddenly adds up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog, and now following. :) Love your courthouse blocks. Love your cross-stitch project too. I'm doing a little bit counted cross-stitching as well, in addition to quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Easter cross-stitch, and your Courthouse blocks look great and I am looking forward to seeing your table scraps next weekend.

    ReplyDelete