Saturday, March 6, 2021

March is for Green Lovers!

I love green! Pretty much any shade of green. Bring it on, I say! While I didn't start on any green blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge yet for this month, I did start a new pair of socks! The pattern is called Paragon Socks and you can find it on Ravelry HERE. It's a Very Busy Monkey pattern and I know I've said it before but here goes again -- she writes easy-to-follow, beautiful knitting patterns! Here's my progress so far, with a  lot done last night during Friday Night with Friends!

Isn't that yarn full of beautiful greens!!??! Even prettier in real life!

Last week I received a package in the mail. Note the date it was mailed: February 12. I didn't receive it until February 22. Now I know what you're thinking: I've had packages take longer than that. Well, I have too but it was during the holiday rush. C'mon now, USPS, you should be adjusted to the COVID by now! 'Nough said.

Inside was some beautiful fabric from Preeti at SewPreetiQuilts. I was the lucky comment writer and received these beautiful 5" x WOF pieces. Thank you, Preeti, for these lovely strips of fabric. I will definitely be using them somewhere!

Yesterday I sewed with my friends at our sleep-in-your-own-bed retreat. I was so happy to get the call again!!!! Anyway, I'll be going over again today as soon as I'm through here. I did want to mention that  I've got a beautiful, large water mug to keep me hydrated while pushing the pedal to the metal. I got this from my daughter-in-law for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

And because this is my blog I'll also share with you a picture of Brody. No, there's no green here, but wouldn't he be an adorable leprechaun! Instead, on that day he was a fireman celebrating his  Mommy's birthday!

While I'm not actively sewing green for RSC, I have been working on the assembly of Awesome Land which was a 2020 RSC project of mine. Stay tuned for a finished top soon!


Linking up with the other Rainbow Scrappers HERE and with all my Friday Night with Friends HERE.

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Awesome Land! Brody is adorable. Congrats on your win. Those are great neutrals. 5" cuts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREEN knitting project will just have to do until you manage some sewing, Susie. Have fun and stay safe at your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info about the knitting pattern. It is a beautiful green. Sorry to say that, no the Post Office is still having delays like crazy. And Post Master General said it was going to get worse. SAY WHAT? You are absolutely right that Brody would be a cute leprechaun! Have a quilty (and knitty) week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green socks are so fun! Are you knitting both socks at one time? Looking forward to seeing your Awesome Land quilt progress, too. Brody is so cute - kids always have fun with different kinds of hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are looking great! Brody would make a great Leprechaun. I remember sneaking some green dye drops into the bathroom on St. Patty's Day when the kids were little. They never did see that sneaky little leprechaun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always looking forward to seeing finished tops get completed! Such fun at your sleep at home quilt retreat. What a great opportunity to have lots of great sewing time free from interuption

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got your parcel, some from last year has still not arrived yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you making the Awesome Land blocks do I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Great projects to keep you occupied. I really like your
    green yarn..so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like that newly planted green field on your blog header. I live between two fields and they are still covered in snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green is my favourite colour and I love using it. Your GREEN yarn is lovely and should knit up to something special.
    Great win and a lovely mug and WoW what a lovely pic of Brody.
    Thanks for playing in FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grandson is very cute in his firemans helmet! Your knitting looks great and the fabric from Preeti is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty green sock wool and congratulations on your win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful yarn, great shades od green, looks like your socks will be soft and warm. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clearly, you are loved, "Bonus Mom"!!! I am glad the fabrics made it to you, eventually. Dejoy is the opposite of joy that comes from timely receipt of mail :-( Oh yes, I can imagine him as the cutest leprechaun ever. Even the dog agrees as he looks on with admiration.

    ReplyDelete