Thursday, March 11, 2021

I Like Thursday #28

 I'm going to get right into this post with I like going to my dentist! Got my teeth polished up, along with a good bill of dental health, this past Tuesday. My hygienist, who has the funny name for someone in the dental field of Candy, is so thorough and yet so conversational. Twice a year I feel like I'm catching up with an old friend ... and I am!

I like this time of year when things are starting to buzz. As I entered the bike trail with Gracie a couple of days ago, a woodpecker was just pecking away somewhere. Music to my ears. The geese were in the field yesterday getting the last bits of seeds. One of them, obviously the leader of the flock, honked the entire time as Gracie & I passed. I took their picture just the same!

The starlings were also active. Their chatter could be heard far & wide. I love when one of them takes off and all the others pick up and go too. It's a swirling, whirling black mass and truly fascinates me! I didn't get a picture of that, of course, but I got a tree full of them.

I like that I got Shark Bite layered and pin-basted yesterday. The quilting will begin soon. Maybe today!?!

That's my likes for this week. You can see other's at Not Afraid of Color!


4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing what's going on when you and Gracie go for your walks! Especially the birds. I just came home from a walk with a friend, and we saw lots of birds today - even bald eagles again. A good report from the dentist visit is always a good feeling! Your Shark Bite quilt is fun! Congratulations on getting it ready to quilt - always a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring must be in the air, with all the bird activity! Shark Bite is a cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shark Bike looks just that...like teeth...great name...
    And I LOVE the mailbox... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Dentist. I love the clean feel, but I'm always afraid they'll find cavities. I really like Shark Bite!

    ReplyDelete