Thursday, June 3, 2021

I Like Thursday #35

Welcome to another post of things I like. LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color gathers us all together weekly to share what we've liked during the past week. You see what others have liked this week HERE.

My 1st "like" is family. This past week we traveled to Colorado for my nephew's graduation from the USAF Academy. We squeezed in a visit with my sister-in-law for a day since we were in the same state and got caught up with her. Then we went to Colorado Springs to the Academy.

1st Salute Ceremony
Fred, John, & Emily (did the oath and sponsored John with his Catholic confirmation)


The graduation procession (marching)
Thunderbirds show after graduation


Me, Mom, John (nephew), and Fred

Me, John, & Fred after graduation

Me & John's sister Kelli

We all had a wonderful time and enjoyed the whole experience.

As for reading, I'm still enjoying "Grandma Gatewood's Walk" about the first woman to walk the ENTIRE Appalachian Trail. It's very inspiring and also thought provoking. She led an incredible life, for sure.

We also got a quick visit with Jared, Amanda, & Brody. They stopped by on their way to Amanda's parent's 50th Anniversary celebration. Brody was having a good time watching the frogs jump off the rocks into the water. Of course, he also loved throwing rocks into the water himself!

I also like how my sister-in-law is so determined to be friends with Polly. Polly will have none of that! HA!

I also like old photos. My honey shared copies of these with me.

My brother John, sister Linda, and Me

My beautiful mother, taken during her college days

I spied this gorgeous purple flower blooming among the honeysuckle on the bike path the other day. If anyone knows what it is, I'd appreciate a note letting me know.

And that, my friends, will do it for my I Like Thursday post this week. I hope you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I wondered if you would be at the AFA graduation, Susie! I bet that is a really neat ceremony. So great to see so much family, too! The photo of your mom is beautiful, and I can see a resemblance between the two of you, two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like quite the graduation! Old photos are always a fun find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful celebration for all the family to be able to get together and enjoy a remarkable achievement like that. I especially liked your photos and that one of your Mom is wonderful to have.

    ReplyDelete