Thursday, June 10, 2021

I Like Thursday #36

Happy Thursday and you know what that means! I'll be sharing a few things that have tickled me or gave me a smile over the past week. There are several of us that enjoy doing this and you can find the group's posts over at Not Afraid of Color. Thank you, LeeAnna, for this weekly opportunity!

My first like has been the French Open Tennis Tournament (aka Roland Garros). I have to say that I don't enjoy watching TV too much but the four major tennis tournaments are always on my radar! The tournaments are two weeks long and, even though I had company during the first week, I managed to watch quite a bit. These last four days will have me sitting on the couch with hand stitching or knitting in my lap.


Speaking of knitting, I'm happy with the progress on my latest pair of socks. This has been a fun pattern to knit by Very Busy Monkey. It is called Eternal Spring. My latest progress photo is shown below.

I really like fresh vegetables and I enjoy seeing my brother's rewards from his garden. Wish we lived closer!

Fresh beans picked upon my brother's return from Colorado

He even grows beets! Now I'm really jealous. I love beets!!!

This past week we really enjoyed our visit with Brody. His parents are pretty cool too! Haha!

Jared fishing; Brody watching; Gracie supervising

Little fish caught in the pond. Thrown back after the picture to grow up.

We were sad to see them go home but we know that we'll be seeing them after Fred heals up from his upcoming surgery. Brody enjoyed breakfast at the Holiday Inn on the way home but he really liked being with his dog at home again.


I hope you've stayed the course with me this far. I really, really like my guild Hearts 'n' Hands. We are located in O'Fallon IL. Due to Covid restrictions over the past year, we were unable to plan for our quilt show which was to be held this year. So as to keep it going as conditions permitted, the Quilt Show Committee decided to do a virtual quilt show! They did a fabulous job! Click on THIS LINK and you will be taken directly there. There are 200+ quilts made by our talented group listed by both makers &  sizes, a virtual vendor mall, and a wonderful bed-turning held at our local Historical Society building! I don't think you'll be disappointed! (I've got 7 quilts in the show!)

And that pretty much sums up my "likes" for the week. Don't forget to visit our quilt show and also visit Not Afraid of Color to see what others have shared this week!

5 comments:

  1. Your brother's garden must be really amazing! Look at all those green beans and full - size beets early in June. Different growing season than northern Colorado, I guess! Your quilt is just gorgeous, Susie! Fun to see it in the virtual show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bounty. I cannot believe he grew them here in Colorado. Our growing season just started here in Aurora, this week and my beans are starting to make leaves! Oy! I love to grow veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! I have to apologize. All this time, I thought that LeeAnna was sharing the link to the same blog twice. I didn't realize until today that you are a different website, but with a very similar name. I have a niece that adores watching tennis, and has even gone to a few of the championships back when it was possible. Oh gosh, those beets look delicious. I love them, too! Oh, what a sweetheart Brody is! How fun that you could all visit together. There's nothing like it and now that it was been taken away or diminished, we appreciate it even more. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those socks. Look at those beets! They're nuts! Cool quilts - thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group of likes!!! Your quilt is beautfiul - love the little pops of orange in there. And ! Tennis - My cousin is a Mens tennis coach at Florida State - he has educated us a lot about it - so glad to know others watch it!

    ReplyDelete