Thursday, June 17, 2021

I Like Thursday #38

Yup! It's Thursday and I've got a few happy thoughts & things to share with you this week. I'll be joining the others who share their happiness every Thursday also on LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color. Stop on over there to see what the others have been up to this week as well.

This week started with a stop by the local produce stand after quilting with friends last Saturday. I had noticed the day before that they were having a shrimp & crayfish boil. Mom & I were looking forward to that so we headed over to pick up a take-out box to go with our wine at home. Here's the face of a happy camper! We both love "mud bugs" and managed to plow through almost all of that pile! Do you like crawdads?

I finished knitting my socks. I really like how they turned out. The pattern once again is "Eternal Spring" by Very Busy Monkey. You can find the Ravelry link HERE.

A couple of days ago, I started a new book called "The Dry" written by Jane Harper. It is set in Australia so sometimes the wording is a little strange to me but I'm getting the gist of it. Of course it's a murder mystery, my favorite type of book! I heard of this book through a recommendation of a fellow blogger (can't remember exactly who right at the moment) but then heard from another blogger that she also enjoyed it but figured out the mystery way too early. I read as I fall asleep every night so I'm not all that sharp by that time of day. Probably won't figure it out until the very last page! Haha! You can read what its all about HERE.

Speaking of falling asleep, yesterday was hubby's surgery. What a long day! The alarm was set for 3:30am so I could get dressed and take Gracie for a short walk. She does her "constitutional" every morning down at the bike trail and I didn't know when I'd be back home. Turns out I was home around 4pm so I had plenty of time to get her out again, call Mom, pour a glass of wine, and watch Jeopardy. I didn't get a lot of answers but at least it was routine! Guess that would be another like - I like Jeopardy and I sure do miss Alex Trebek. Can't say that I'm overly thrilled with Savannah Guthrie as guest host but, then again, I'm definitely not her biggest fan anyway.

OK, so I got home, got organized, and discovered I was hungry. I'd packed a sandwich for the hospital and ate it at 9:30am. My 4am Cocoa Puffs were long gone! Ha! Anyway, I found a little of my son's pulled smoked pork and promptly made myself a plate of nachos with the pork. Easy AND DELICIOUS!

The avocado was thrown on for good measure! Just looking at this picture makes me salivate all over again! Hahaha!

That pretty much sums up my week. I'll be heading back over to the hospital this morning. I've already walked Gracie and will head up for a shower. Hope your day is shaping up too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that boil looks delicious! So do the nachos. I'm getting hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, hope your hubby is doing well and won't have to stay in the hospital long. Meanwhile, you've found some yummy treats! Those nachos - great idea! We watch Jeopardy every night, and all the different guest hosts have been interesting. Who do you think would make a good permanent host?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speedy recovery to your husband. The pork nachos look yummy. I loved eating shrimps (only!) in Norway, but here I get a slight allergic reaction to shrimps, can't eat it. Love your new socks! I read in bed too and usually so tired I'm not able to read more than 2-3 pages each night. I'm currently reading 'Sheltering Rain', JoJo Moyes.

    ReplyDelete