Sunday, June 27, 2021

Positivity Progress Post

Check out that title! I just LOVE alliteration!

Anyway, I've been managing to stay pretty caught up with this project which is pretty amazing. Truth be known, I've only got 22 of the 24 blocks completed at this moment but there are pieces just waiting to be sewn together so I feel like I'm right there with everyone, right?

Here's the layout I was planning on using until the math went awry. I was going to fill in and surround these blocks with the medium grays until I saw that it would mean 7 blocks wide instead of the required 6. YOI!
So this became the proposed layout. Perfect, right? I would now get the six rows across! Yay! Except now the columns would number 7 blocks each and I need 8! Double Yoi!
Here are all 22 (so far) blocks on the floor. I think I'll probably continue with the medium gray blocks, surrounding the above. Then I'll add another row of medium gray blocks at the top and at the bottom. That makes 48 blocks which is the magic number. The "bonus" two light gray and two dark gray blocks will go on the back. Sounds like a good plan, right? Let's see if I can make this happen!

Thank you, Preeti, for this opportunity to pull my hair out stretch my quilting abilities. I'm linking up with Bernie at Needle and Foot and all other Positivity participants. These quilts are being made for donation to Mercyful or any other chosen charitable organization. Happy stitching, my friends, and may everyone have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Great blocks, Susie!! FYI, I'm a big fan of alliteration, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! I went through some of those same Quilty math gyrations that you did. *sigh*. My mantra now is just KISS (“Keep it simple, stupid”, which I’m saying to ME, not anyone else, LOL). I know yours is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty, Susie! I love the varied gray backgrounds. Good luck with your layout plan - sometimes that quilty math can be challenging, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh -- layouts are a pain sometimes. I decided I would just keep making blocks with equal numbers of the two background colors. I won't decide the final layout until I have them all done. See how I avoid crazy quilting math!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you!! Whatever layout you finally go with, it will be perfect. Love the colors!! I am, like Bonnie, making two sets of blocks (blues and yellows with gray) and will play with the layout when I have all of the blocks made. Great progress Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will lOOk great whatever layout you decide on I'm sure.
    It's a great little block...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best part is this - there is no wrong layout. I am convinced that if you pieced the blocks by picking them one at a time from a brown paper bag, it will be wonderful. The quilt will find its way to someone who will love it. Thank you so much for quilting along. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blocks with grey background, Theyn will make a great lay-out. Well done Susie.

    ReplyDelete