Thursday, July 1, 2021

I Like Thursday #40

Here we are again with another post about things that made our hearts sing this week. I'll start by saying, "One word -- Wimbledon!" Another tennis tournament to enjoy this week and next. I was sorry to see Serena have to exit so early due to injury but I'll be keeping my eye on Sloan Stephens and Madison Keyes among others. Go USA!!!


You already know how I love to take Gracie for her morning walks. We see all our friends along the way: neighbors & friends - MaryAnn, Karla, Emma, Cheryl, Marla, and Becky; dogs - Odie, Phyllis, Penny, and Sebastian; and today, we played with a new friend.

Can you make it out? How about a closer look? Boot-Scootin' Turtle! We don't know where he was off to but he was making tracks!
Of course I want to share a couple of garden pictures. Here are a couple of my favorite flowers blooming. Pink astilbe and a lovely hosta that isn't the usual variegated and this variety has shorter stems with darker purple flowers. I just noticed my pretty hollyhocks in the background too!


For dinner one night, Mom & I enjoyed some zucchini chili which I had frozen last fall, nachos with white sharp cheddar cheese which my son had cold-smoked (that cheese is SO DELICIOUS!), and of course a glass of cabernet sauvignon!

And I'll end this I Like Thursday post with a few pictures of my favorite people:
Brody enjoying fish dinner

John & Jennifer, my nephew & niece -- the two college graduate siblings
celebrating summer and looking forward to starting careers

My daughter Sarah enjoying my son's dog, Sadie Girl

I'll be linking up with LeeAnna this week at Not Afraid of Color. Plenty of "likers" to see there. Check it out for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. What did Gracie think about that turtle? :) Your garden and flowers look pretty! Happy family pics - fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini chili looks good! That photo of Brody makes me laugh - and smiling family is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty! Your dinner looks delicious! I'm sure you enjoyed it! It's very nice to see pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete