Saturday, July 3, 2021

FNwF and RSC Catch-Up

All over the globe last night, Makers were enjoying their crafts. That's what Friday Night with Friends (FNwF) is all about. Truly we're a widespread group with Australia, France, Brazil, England, Canada, and USA being represented and probably other countries that I've missed. Anyway, you get the picture and we're all headed up by Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' (who, by the way, comes from Australia!). I'll be linking up with the group after I get this post written up. So here goes!

Technically my Friday day is Australia's night. Here's what I did during Australia night: I started working on catching up my missing light/bright blue Irish Courthouse blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Later during my evening, I was just starting another knitting project. Stephanie @ Very Busy Monkey just kicked off a Mystery Knit-A-Long (MKAL). One could choose between a shawl or a pair of socks or do both. The pattern is called Vignette and, if you'd like to join in, you can connect on the Ravelry link HERE. It kicked off July 1 and every week for five weeks there'll be another "clue" (step). Since it just started, I don't have a lot to show yet. I'm about halfway finished with the first step. I'm knitting the socks (of course!) two-at-a-time.

That's all I have to show right now but progress is progress, right?

Linking up with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' HERE and with Angela at So Scrappy HERE.

Wishing you all a good weekend and Happy 4th of July here in the United States of America!

(Something has happened and my Header Picture is so TINY! All I wanted to do was change it out. UGH! Computers are so frustrating!)

9 comments:

  1. The runner in your header photo is a pretty one! (I zoomed in!) Sounds like FNWF is a lot of fun. Love the beginning of your socks! I'm impressed with the two at a time on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds FNWF is a lot of fun. I have to check this.
    Great start with the new socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the socks. Love the 9 patch....it reminds me of a pretty tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start on those socks, Susie! I haven't cast on my next pair yet. Best of luck with finishing up your light/bright blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in your RSC courthouse blocks... and knitting socks will make someone HaPPy...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks. Great start on your socks. hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mystery socks - what fun! Nice blues. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty wool you are using for your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made good progress on your Friday night, Susie. Love the fabrics you are using for your blocks, and I think the socks are going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete