Thursday, July 22, 2021

I Like Thursday #43

I like retreats and that's where I currently am. I'm writing this ahead of time and scheduling the post for Thursday. So YAY! for retreats!

I also liked this hibiscus bush that is planted in a neighbor's yard. I have one too but mine is the traditional red. These white ones are stunning!

On an impulse (which was driven by my niece Kelli) I bought these two special editions of Oreo cookies. I like Oreos and she told me it's fun to try the different varieties when they come out. That's what she does anyway. Ok, so I bought these two.

These patriotic ones with the pop rocks in the icing were a bit tricky to eat correctly. I decided that you have to remove the lid, scrape some of the icing into your mouth, then let it slowly melt. Keeping the frosting towards the front of your mouth helps too. Let the popping fun begin!
These Salted Caramel Brownie Oreos were delicious. Enough said.

I started reading Stephen King's "If It Bleeds". It's actually four short stories. I'm really enjoying "Mr. Harrigan's Phone" but, in the meantime, Jane Harper's "Force of Nature" has become available from my library wait list. I figure I'll finish the short story and then start the latter. Sometimes when I get on library book lists it doesn't just rain -- it pours!

Hope you had a great week and could spend a some time enjoying the little things.


Linking up with LeeAnna and others with I Like Thurs posts HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment