Saturday, July 24, 2021

Does the R in RSC ....

Does the R in RSC stand for Retreat? This week it did for me. Tuesday through Friday I was away and only took specific projects to work on. First and foremost was Twisted Mystery 2021. I had started a couple of clues but they needed to get caught up.

The center was supposed to be a Lemoyne Star. The final center would actually look like a Lone Star but would actually be a fractured Lemoyne Star using Deb Tucker's ruler. Again I was getting that twist in my stomach about making it. I knew if I didn't come up with something (since I couldn't find my "big girl panties") I'd never get it done. I love Dresden Plates so this is what I came up with for MY center.

I haven't actually sewn the blocks together here. It's up on the design wall. It hadn't been appliqued down yet either but that part was taken care of when I got home. There are a few brown spokes in there so it kind of works for RSC.

Then on to Clue 2.

This picture shows 6 of the 8 to be done. The final two were completed last night too!

And clue 3 needed to be worked on as well.

In between these clues, I worked on another "Boo". I've never found my original after several years so time for a new one.

Still needs to be appliqued down but I did manage to get the border HSTs done. There were 40 of them: 1" finished!!! Oh my poor eyes from squaring those tiny boogers up! I hope to finish BOO this weekend! (I just noticed that the "B" is black and that also works for RSC this month! HA!)

I hope you had a good week too because mine was GREAT! I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy to see what everyone else accomplished this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment