Thursday, July 1, 2021

WOOFA & PHD

This blog title sounds governmental, doesn't it, with all the acronyms? They're actually kind of one in the same. WOOFA means "Working On Or Finishing A ..." project, UFO, whatever. PHD stands for Projects Half Done. Either way, they both provide encouragement towards finishing a project. What a great idea! *Squirrel* Hahaha!

Last month I was determined to finish the cross-stitch project that I'd started a long while ago and I worked on it, and worked on it, and worked on it. I can say that it is done now! That one definitely falls into the WOOFA category.

I think this was a Lori Holt pattern. I know it was offered freely as a SAL through Fat Quarter Shop. It will fit nicely into an 8"x10" frame. Just need to find the right frame.

Last month I also finished a quilting project that was on my PHD2021 list. Sew Spooky top is finished. It will more than likely be quilted next year. Doubt I'll have time this year.
I have to include this picture also. I took it from a different angle and the sky was so pretty!
This checks off one of my PHD2021 projects. You'll notice I did just that on the right-hand sidebar.

What will I try to bring forward in July? First thing will be the little Wool Christmas SAL. It has to be done by August 10th so, if I can give it a really good push this month, I won't have to hurry it along in August. This picture is incomplete. All the borders and the "Merry Christmas" have been added. I'll get a better picture later. This wall hanging is listed on my PHD2021 list to be quilted and bound.

The other project I hope to focus on this month is Afternoon Delight. It was the QAL last year from The Quilt Show. The pattern was from Sue Garmen. This week I finished my 29th block (out of 40!).

I started this one. It's going to take a while since there's so many edges to needle-turn applique! I hope to get several of the Afternoon Delight blocks done this month ... maybe 5???

So those are my WOOFA and PHD projects for July. Wish me luck!

Linking up my WOOFA with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin'.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! Thank you so much for telling us what WOOFA stands for. I may have known at one time but I forgot. Another friend (Chris Knits) shares her WOOFA often - now I know two of you. Love your Thursday loves - Gracie is one lucky puppy! And your peeps - enjoy the 4th with them. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Halloween quilt! The cross stich project is stunning! Your applique projects look difficult but are coming out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on your x-stitch WOOFA project. It does have a Lori Holt feel.

    Best wishes for your July projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew Spooky is on my "To Start" list. I have the fabric and the pattern, but won't be starting this year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete