Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Like Thursday #41

What a great time to think about all the things that make me happy. I definitely have a few things to share that I've liked this past week.

I took Gracie for her daily walk on Monday, the 4th of July. We saw Uncle Sam! Isn't he grand??!!

Then a few houses down we saw this sign in a yard. Independence Day Party here!

Earlier in the week, I took a page out of Little Penguin Quilts' blog post and checked out Needle and Foot's Etsy Shop. The store was (maybe still is?) having a going-out-of-business sale and I took advantage. I'm familiar with Bernie through the Positivity QAL that I've joined but didn't realize she had a shop. Anyway I ordered and I received within the week in spite of the 4th of July holiday! Pretty stuff, huh?

This morning after my walk I discovered this day lily blooming among the coneflowers and daisies. I see you, my pretty!

The other day I also spied that "survivor" hydrangea blooming now with several flowers. (Please look past the dirty house. Thank you.)

I also like my oakleaf hydrangea. It seems extra full this year. I like the way the blooms start cream colored and turn pink as they age. So pretty! (Again, please pardon the dirty house. Thank you.)

My niece was in between softball tournaments - between Denver and Kansas City - so she made a pit stop in St. Louis. We got to visit with her for a few hours on Monday. Gracie loves Kelli. She sat still for a good brushing by Kelli. Check out that hair mass!

We are still enjoying watching the matches at Wimbledon but we were sad to see Roger Federer lose Wednesday morning. He's our favorite because he plays quietly (no grunting with every stroke!) and he's such a gentleman at all times.

I hope you enjoyed my "likes" this week. Check out what the others have liked this week at Not Afraid of Color. I'll be linking up there myself!

6 comments:

  1. Your neighborhood does like to deck out for the holiday. The flowers are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the clover seam ripper is my fave
    I'll check out that sale too. I LOVE hydrangeas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun neighborhood decorations and such pretty flowers! This is such a good blooming time of the year. So great to see extended family! I'm glad you found some things from Bernie's sale that you could use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... I LiKe that I visited you this week...
    Looks like you had a wonderful 4th July too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that Uncle Sam! Pretty flowers. How nice to have your niece drop in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much Americana in this lovely post! I love your door and the little pillows in the basket.

    ReplyDelete