Saturday, June 19, 2021

RSC Purples

Good  morning and here we go with purple blocks .... sort of. If you remember, last week I made the purple lotus block. This week I decided to play catch up with the red one. I picked out my two fabrics (one red and one background) and started it off. One huge HST begins it all. I think these fabrics will make a pretty block.

I still have my purple pieces picked out and cut -- ready to sew into the Irish Courthouse blocks. No thread has met the fabric on those yet!

I have started work on the Positivity Quilt. I thought we were linking up today with the first 24 blocks and I was sad because I only have 12 finished. Hooray! I looked at the schedule and I'm not behind at all. I'm right on time! I decided to use a small jelly roll bundle called Harmony Cotton Cooler #3 by QT, Twenty-four 2-1/2" strips. Aren't they pretty?


I love gray for a background color so I went stash diving, followed by starching & cutting. Here are my first 12 blocks.

Six blocks with a light gray background and six more with a light gray background. Let's see what else I can find this week!

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy and the other Rainbow Scrap quilters. Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Your positivity blocks are very pretty with the light gray and dark gray backgrounds, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You positivity blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for pretty Positivity blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Positivity blocks are great with the contrasting backgrounds and pretty plus colors! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks with the light and dark backgrounds, makes the top look so much more interesting. why couldnt I have thought of that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little jelly roll looks like it was made with your positivity in mind! Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gray backgrounds are just perfect. And they'll go well with all kinds of colors! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jelly roll have some pretty fabric and is perfect for the Positivity blocks. Love the light and grey background, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a very pretty jelly roll and working well with your grey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous start on your Positivity quilt, Susie!!

    ReplyDelete