Thursday, August 12, 2021

I Like Thurs #46

There are so many likes in my life but I don't have many pictures to share this week. Maybe that's a like for you! Haha!

My very 1st like this week would have to be my guild. Tuesday night we had a woman come in with a trunk show from her book. Her name is Conni Hodge and her book is Button Box Quilts from Quiltmania. Her quilts are beautiful! She is inspired by antique quilts, loves reproduction fabrics, and scrappy is the name of her game. Unfortunately I have no pictures.

Wednesday I was in her class to sew a small scrappy project. Again no pictures but when I finish it you know you'll get to see it. While the others made theirs in darker, reproduction-type colors, I of course had to go outside the box -- Christmas fabrics! Oh my! So different! Hahaha!

My leader & ender project was the block for the guild's August BOM. I had all the pieces cut & sewn but forgot to sew it together! We are making 16-patch blocks with HSTs and there will be a total of nine. We could make any size blocks we wanted but have to use the pattern given for each month. Here's my pile of HSTs.

So can you see why I like my guild? Trunk show, class, BOM ...  not to mention friendships!

We have been suffering with extreme heat warnings the last couple of days with one more day to go (or so they say). We have been in the mid- to upper-90s with heat indices near or above 110! Can you understand why I like A/C, especially this week?!?!?!

In spite of the heat, on my Sunday walk with Gracie I noticed this tree was starting to change colors. I have to admit that it is ALWAYS the first in our neighborhood to start turning. I like Autumn and this is a pleasant reminder.

I have "surprise lilies" that I also like. They also go by the name of "bare naked ladies". Unfortunately the heat kicked up some incredible storms the other day and chopped one off. I brought it into the house and put it in water. It looks so pretty!

This week I'd like to share Brody's like. Apparently, at the ripe young age of 2, he has decided that he likes to eat BLATs! That's Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, & Tomato sandwiches! Never knew a kid that liked BLTs, let alone avocado!

I hope you have a week full of "likes" yourself. You can always visit LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color to enjoy more likes. I'll be doing that myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment