Thursday, August 5, 2021

I Like Thursday #45

I'm going to start my "likes" this week with my daughter and sunflowers! I'd also toss in a winery, which is where she and the sunflowers were. Isn't that a huge bloom? It's bigger than her head! Ha!
My second "like" are my neighbors. I've got one neighbor that comes down to get me most mornings to walk. She's got a few health issues and says I'm the good neighbor for walking slowly so she can join me. Gracie loves her and the company is nice. Sometimes my neighbor manages quite a distance with us and some mornings she's experiencing too much pain to go far. Even on good days she travels with her cane. Good for her to get up and move whenever possible!

My other good neighbor is an animal lover. She knows so many interesting facts about animals and we enjoy sharing stories of what wildlife we've seen lately. The other day, a little hummingbird crashed into her patio door. She nursed it for about ten minutes before it was able to fly away. Her husband managed to get a picture which she texted to me.
On my walk this morning, I spied some Queen Anne's Lace blooming. What actually got my attention to begin with was the smell of honeysuckle. I did see a few blooms but then I saw the Queen Anne's Lace.
Here's a close-up. Doesn't it look like a snowflake?
We've been enjoying the Olympics here at our house. This week I've liked watching a bit of the springboard diving, artistic  swimming, volleyball, gymnastics, and hurdles. I'll say it again -- GO USA!

I'm about halfway through reading this book. I'm really liking it so far.
The other night I tried a new recipe from The Stay at Home Chef, Crispy Baked Pork Chops. They were so delicious and moist. My chops were actually boneless and butterflied so I did a little modification: I put a sprig of fresh rosemary and a sprig of fresh oregano from my herb garden between the layers. Oh my goodness, so delicious! You can find the recipe HERE. I heartily recommend it!

All in all it was a very good week. I hope you've been able to find a few things to like wherever you are. You can read other blogs of "likes" if you go to Not Afraid Of Color HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment