Saturday, August 7, 2021

What a Great Friday!

What a great Friday I had! Things started off with lunch out for hubby's birthday. We went to one of our favorite local hole-in-the-walls and enjoyed a tasty meal. Then it was off to St. Louis to pick up Roger!! Yippee! The reason my sewing machine was making a clunking noise was a part was worn out. Got the new one installed, then cleaned up ready for pickup. Check out the stitching under the foot -- TURQUOISE! Perfect timing for Rainbow Scrap Challenge's August color!!!

With the turquoise thread used to run his through the stitches, I just knew he would be purring right along, even though Aaron said it's not quite as good as new. Aaron thought I'd still be quite pleased. So, in between Olympic events last night, I got Roger set up for sewing, cut a couple of large squares, and produced these HSTs for a Lotus Flower block.

Then I just had to get back to watching the Cardinals baseball game and Olympics so applique it was for Friday Night with Friends. This is the block I started working on.

You can just barely see that the right hand, outside part of the circle has been sewn. That was pretty much all I could manage last night but I thoroughly enjoyed rooting on the Cardinals and rooting on Team USA in girls indoor volleyball and the men's platform diving!

Earlier in the week I did finish up another applique block for Afternoon Delight. I'm really starting to see the end of the applique for this quilt.

Kind of looks like "rolling eyes" all around that star, doesn't it? Guess I might have been a little more careful and fussy-cut that fabric but I didn't and I am done.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Cheryll for FNwF and Angela for RSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment