Saturday, August 14, 2021

RSC Turquoise

I don't have a lot to post this week. I've been very busy quilting the Positivity quilt (almost done). My binding is just about set to be sewn on too. In the meantime, let me just say that it is has been a crazy week for me. 

Tuesday afternoon I had UFO Club at my local quilt shop (O'Sewpersonal in Collinsville, IL). I showed my completed Mini Wool Christmas wall hanging.
That was my #6 on the UFO Challenge list and #3 was chosen next. It is a Christmas pillow and will be due October 12th. It was a really cute & fun sew-along with Susan Marth on her blog. It will need to be quilted and then finished as a pillow. I'm hoping to put a zipper on the back. This is what it looks like today. You will notice the dresden plate in the center -- Susan's signature! Hahaha! See what I mean when you check out her website HERE.
Then Tuesday evening was guild meeting. We had Vicki Hodge present a trunk show and let me tell you her quilts are beautiful! She loves looking at antique quilts and then working on her own scrappy version of them. At one time she planned on hand quilting all her quilts but it became apparent that she had way too many tops. So what did she do? She put two tops back-to-back and had them quilted. Double-sided quilt! She said you only have to be careful when choosing your binding since it'll be on both quilts! Brilliant! She has a book with Quiltmania called Button Box Quilts. Check it out HERE.

Wednesday I took an all-day class with Vicki. It was scrappy and fun. I did mine Christmas-themed and will show later when I finish the project.

Thursday morning was Tips & Techniques at another local quilt shop (Rosemary's Quilts in Highland, IL). We had a good talk followed by LOTS of show 'n' tell. No pictures, sorry.

Thursday evening was the monthly TAS (The Applique Society) meeting. Our speaker was sitting in Australia -- let's hear it for Zoom meetings!!! Yay!!! Her name is Michelle Yeo and she shared her quilting journey. So many gorgeous quilts. I did remember to take a couple of pictures. You can see more from Michelle at her website HERE.



So what about yesterday? I started preparing for retreat. There was grocery shopping and lots of mulling around what projects to take. My friends, Millie & Karen, will be stopping by tomorrow morning to pick me up and away we'll go for 5 days, returning Thursday. I'm sure to have LOTS of pictures!

But my excitement has gotten away from me. This is my RSC post. I did manage to fit in a Lotus Blossom block using turquoise.

And look at the picture I got this week from my son ....
Brody wearing a turquoise shirt! Perfect timing! Hahaha! My son juices veggies and fruits every morning for the family. Brody just finished his and I'm going to bet that there were beets in the juice that morning! Good for him!

That's all I've got for now because I've got to keep getting ready for retreat. Laundry, of course, is at the top of the list! Have a great week and I'll catch you next week!

Linking up with So Scrappy to share and to see what the others have to share. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment