Saturday, August 21, 2021

RSC Aqua

Let me start by saying I had a wonderful time at retreat this week. I'm looking forward to the October one and hope that we'll be able to get together then. While at retreat, I squeezed out an aqua block. I used the opportunity to make it my leader & ender. The others were quite impressed with my L & E. I even got another one started but I'll save that another time.

I cut out enough pieces to make 5+ of these complete blocks. I say "plus" because I've got enough of some of the pieces to make 8 but only had a chance to sew together these two. Scrappy but no aqua.


These blocks use the Corner Beam ruler from Deb Tucker & Studio 180 Design. It is a WONDERFUL ruler and I'm looking forward to using it more in the future.

I got about half the binding sewn down for my Positivity quilt which has now been completed. Needs a  washing and a photo shoot which will take place today hopefully.

While at retreat I also worked on a little applique. I got the top half done on this block.

There was also a little stash enhancement done while I was away but some much needed rest, eating, and (most of all) laughter & chatting with friends. I hadn't been on this retreat for about 4 years. Maybe even longer than that so there was a lot of catching up to do with friends that I hadn't seen in that long!

I'm already looking forward to next retreat but I'll sign off for now. Have a great weekend!


Linking up with Angela at Sew Scrappy to see how other RSC quilters have progressed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment